Turn on thread page Beta

Is cloning good or bad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    bad.

ReputationRep:
    the obvious answer is good, as long as we use it sensibly, which in the long term, is impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Anyone?
    In so respects its good. We can colone extra organs etc. but it may be a bit freaky to walk down the street and see someone looking exactly he same. I'm not sure really.

but it is so going on behind big important but top secret closed doors!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    In so respects its good. We can colone extra organs etc. but it may be a bit freaky to walk down the street and see someone looking exactly he same. I'm not sure really.

You mean like area 51?

ReputationRep:

good. f*ck ethics, whats the issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    bad.
    And why might you say that?

ReputationRep:
    You mean like area 51?
    Yeah totally. I'd so love to work on a top secret experiment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    good. f*ck ethics, whats the issue?
    Pardon? I'll just agree loving the crown!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously you ppl actually consider cloning, i think it is ethically immoral to clone anything, whether it be human or not, god created us as he wanted, now ppl think they can be god, its wrong, absolutely wrong

ReputationRep:
    Utterly bad. We should not be allowed to tamper with nature. Nature is nature and should be allowed to take its course. If we begin messing with it, soon enough nature will no longer be recognisable and the beauty we see in the countryside today will be gone forever.

As for human cloning, again wrong, nobody should have the same genetic makeup of another human (twins, triplets etc obvious exception). It is totaly freakish and something that will again lead to the human race being totally unrecognisable. I'm afraid to say that in hundreds of years time, technology will have moved so far on that we will be able to choose the eye colour, hair colour, possible height along with everything down to shape of jawline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Seriously you ppl actually consider cloning, i think it is ethically immoral to clone anything, whether it be human or not, god created us as he wanted, now ppl think they can be god, its wrong, absolutely wrong
    Hey babygal, you still want your phone unblocking?

ReputationRep:
    And why might you say that?
    i just think its unethical. don't get me wrong, i think cloning organs to help people is, in theory, a good idea, but from that its a slippery slope to all out human cloning which i totally dispprove.

ReputationRep:
    Hey babygal, you still want your phone unblocking?

lol Yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    i just think its unethical. don't get me wrong, i think cloning organs to help people is, in theory, a good idea, but from that its a slippery slope to all out human cloning which i totally dispprove.
    Well said, if the technology is promoted in any lengths whatsoever, then it envitably leads to people taking it further and further.

ReputationRep:
    lol Yeh
    Take it to MSN?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, the more people bring God into it as an against point the more i want to say cloning is right!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, the more people bring God into it as an against point the more i want to say cloning is right!

i guess it is beginning to seem that way, ok then we'll leave religion out of this one,i don't think i'll like ppl walking around who arn't really classed as human

ReputationRep:
    i guess it is beginning to seem that way, ok then we'll leave religion out of this one,i don't think i'll like ppl walking around who arn't really classed as human
    Ok, that i can agree with. Its strange to even think about.

There is enough with one of me never mind 2!! Imagine this world with 45 custard all the same. Awful for me esp. since i want to be my own person. But they could get DNA of you and design your, well you. It could Get awfully dangerous, murders would get very confusing!

ReputationRep:
    What if it was to fall in the hands of Afghanistan?

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.