The Student Room Group

Lloyds TSB customer adviser job 'selection event'

Hi all. I applied for a job at Lloyds TSB in their contact centre dealing with insurance claims. I got through the application stage then I had to do these crazy quick fire recognition tests and passed them. I then went onto a phone interview and somehow blagged my way through. I have now been invited to a 'selection event' where you do a role play and answer competency based questions.

I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience of this process and if they have any advice they can offer me? I have been told that on the role play that people get caught on the role play by not listening carefully enough so I feel fairly confident with that. However answering competency based questions is totally new to me. So if anyone could offer any advice, particularity with Lloyds then I would be hugely grateful :smile:
Reply 1
Hi BD,
how did your selection event go?
I got through the same process and I have my event next week.
Would be great to know a bit more!
Thank you.
Reply 2
Hi Helota. It wasn't as bad as I though at all. When I got there there me and another candidate were shown around the centre and all the different departments and we were told about the facilities etc. Then we did our separate interviews and I was asked questions like 'name a situation where you adapted to change', 'name a situation where you helped a colleague' and others similar to that. If you've never been in one of the situation asked then you will get a theoretical question to answer. Then you do a little role play where you're a travel insurance advisor and you have to deal with a customers call. Mine was a guy ringing up to confirm his policy as he wasn't sure about it. It sounds daunting but it's not at all really as they give you time to think over what you're going to say and allow you to write down notes. Anyway I got the job and start work in April. What centre have you applied for? Good luck!
Reply 3
HI Bd. Thank you for your reply!
I am being interviewed for their Bournemouth Centre.
I prepared for the competency based questions a lot in the past as recruiters do ask a lot of them nowdays and they actually asked me the "name a situation where you had to adapt to change" question during the phone interview.:smile:
I do have a few other questions if you don't mind
How long did it last?
Was there only one role play?
Did they tell you the result straight after?
Once they told you you were successful what extra references did they ask?
Where are you going to be placed?
I really appreciate your help!
Regards

Helota
Reply 4
How did it go for you? what was your role play?

Original post by Helota
HI Bd. Thank you for your reply!
I am being interviewed for their Bournemouth Centre.
I prepared for the competency based questions a lot in the past as recruiters do ask a lot of them nowdays and they actually asked me the "name a situation where you had to adapt to change" question during the phone interview.:smile:
I do have a few other questions if you don't mind
How long did it last?
Was there only one role play?
Did they tell you the result straight after?
Once they told you you were successful what extra references did they ask?
Where are you going to be placed?
I really appreciate your help!
Regards

Helota
Reply 5
Hi Guys,

I had my selection event last week for the call centre and it was a very relaxed event to what I was expecting. We started off with a 1 on 1 interview before being placed into a group task.

The group task was essentially just discussing hypothetically how we would meet targets set for new products they where bringing out. After this it was the 'role play' portion of the interview. 2 quick calls with an actor asking, helping them with information on there account.

A week later and I have found out I have the job, hope this post helps anyone out.
Reply 6
Hi BD,
I applied for a customer assistant role with TSB, I have made it to the selection stage. since you have gone through it , can you kindly tell me how it went please,

How many role play did you do?
what was the role play?
did you find out if you were successfully immediately?
did the ask for any other reference?
did you have any competency test or question?

Your answers to this question would be greatly appreciated .

thanks alot
Reply 7
Hi,

Mine wasn't for TSB. My role is in the call centre dealing with all LBG insurance claims. The role play was just a pretend phone call with the interviewer where he was the customer ringing up to query his policy. They gave me a sheet of the policy details etc so you had the answer in front of you. It was to just basically see how you dealt with a conversation and to see if you could converse properly with a customer.

After the interview they walked me off the building and advised that I would receive a decision in the post within a week. Later on the same day in the afternoon I received a call off the interviewer saying I had got the job conditionally based on me passing a credit check. I passed that and i'm into my 10th month of working for the company and progressing nicely :smile:

The competency stuff was pre interview with the online tests they do, and I had two references down but I don't believe they checked either.
hi ..i have my interview in llyods bank on 1 st .Could you please help what type of role plays they give .
Reply 9
Hi there,I’ve recently been invited to a selection process for a personal banking advisor apprentice position, what can I expect to be asked at the interview i.e questions, role play? So I can prepare
Reply 10
Hello there I have an interview tomorrow and I want to know more about the role play questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending