OCR A2 Psychology G543:Options in Applied Psychology Exam Monday 10th June 2013 Watch

gogo122
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, I thought I'd create a thread for the G543 exam in the summer. I know it's very early since we still have about 4 months till the exam but It would be great if everyone can exchange materials (e.g. ppt slides and word docs), to help with revision.

I found a very helpful booklet online, it's got all the key studies for the G543 exam. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...42553238,d.bGE
beccaa123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I am in on this thread now hopefully! been trying for ages to post my own thread but it wont let me just says page cannot be displayed
Is it your first time doing this exam or is it a resit? What other psychologys have you got in summer?
kayleigh_jude
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Terrified for this exam, I found it hard enough to remember the 15 studies for Core Studies
To make it worse my Psychology teachers been off ill since the end of November and only about a week ago have we recieved a placement, so we're so behind in how many studies we should of learnt so far.

(Original post by gogo122)
I found a very helpful booklet online, it's got all the key studies for the G543 exam. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...42553238,d.bGE
This is the booklet we've been using, it's ok and gives a decent amount of information, but their is numerous spelling and grammar mistakes, plus our teacher has contradicted a number of information the booklet provides.
amcdschool
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
im a bit worried, but I was worried for core studies and did well. Are there any other revision resources you guys know of? x
emily596
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sat this exam in January along with G544 and managed to get a B in G543 and an A G544 so if I can prepare for two exams in 4 months and do okay then it is possible!! :^_^:
I made my own revision notes for crime and can send you those if you message me your email address but they only have the very minimum you should know for the exam. I fell down on my health questions, so if anyone has anything on stress and schizophrenia it would be much appreciated.

Focus your revision on the 15 mark questions and practice them loads is my main advice. I found that time was my main issue, getting enough written down to get full marks in the short time is difficult but OCR must think it's possible?
gogo122
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by beccaa123)
Hey I am in on this thread now hopefully! been trying for ages to post my own thread but it wont let me just says page cannot be displayed
Is it your first time doing this exam or is it a resit? What other psychologys have you got in summer?
Hi, Yes it is my first time doing this exam. I got a C in the G544 , so im going to resit that one in the summer too.
snpretorius
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How is the easiest way to REMEMBER names of studies and what they consist of? I am finding it SO freaking difficult. I have started revising for this exam because I know there is so much content. I hate OCR for thinking we can remember so much bloody stuff. *cries in corner*. So yeah, if anybody had a way of remember studies would be SUPER helpful! <3
emily596
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by snpretorius)
How is the easiest way to REMEMBER names of studies and what they consist of? I am finding it SO freaking difficult. I have started revising for this exam because I know there is so much content. I hate OCR for thinking we can remember so much bloody stuff. *cries in corner*. So yeah, if anybody had a way of remember studies would be SUPER helpful! <3
Certain ones you can make something up that is personal to help you remember, for example, and this is just one example of many cringey things I remembered, but I remembered in the crime studies Bruce was the study about internal/external features because I know someone called Bruce who stares at people a lot, and looks at their features.
Try and make things like that up for ones you really struggle with. The best thing I did though was I made cue cards with on one side the name of the study and the key points in it and then on the other side what it was about. E.G. I would write on one side "Attractiveness" and on the back write Castellow and all the key points. That way, when you see a question in the exam mentioning attractiveness it triggers the name Castellow which triggers all the key points.
snpretorius
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You a life saver - gunna start making those cue cards dis week!
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm gonna use the Gross Guides to Psychology revision guide for casual revision. I used the AS one for the Core Studies exam and I got 131/140, so it was pretty helpful!
Since we don't need to know these studies in as MUCH detail, I'm hoping this one will be helpful too...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gross-Guides...d_bxgy_b_img_y

But I also bought one of those exercise books that you would get in Primary School and copying out all the important info from my College's revision packs. And then once I've written it all out, I'll read through it and highlight it, and then make write some questions out for it! Haven't answered any of them yet though...
And I've only done 3 studies, but I'm going to speed up now, getting closer and closer to the exam...
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by snpretorius)
For Jahoda and Self-Fufilling Prophecy, I think of a man with a turban sitting behind a crystal ball... Because you know... Prophecies.....Fortune Tellers... Yeah. Name:  scrambled-toast-crystal-ball.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  13.5 KB
Joshalos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm just going to shimmy in and join this thread. :cookie:

I will be sitting this exam in June looking at Forensics and Health and Clinical psychology. We've completed our Forensics module and have started looking at the Health Belief models in Health psychology.
Boqore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aghh, dreading this exam! Didn't do well in the Jan exam either.

G543 Psych: mission (im)possible..
Cryl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys. I'm so nervous for this exam and I really need an A. But although I got an A in AS year, I got a C in the January Research methods exam. Man, that was such an unexpected paper. So I'll be resitting that.

Anyway, the 15 studies in AS are nothing compared to A2! :shock:.

What are you guys dreading the most in this paper?
amcdschool
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
found some GREAT revision notes - http://a2psychology101.wordpress.com/downloads/
gogo122
Rep:
?
Hey People, I found the Jan 2013 G543 paper and MS.
Attached files
Joshalos
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amcdschool)
found some GREAT revision notes - http://a2psychology101.wordpress.com/downloads/
Great except they are for the Edexcel exam board, not OCR.
amcdschool
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm on OCR and they are all the studies we are doing at school. Not edexcel, they are merely mainly the old spec but some of the new one, such as Loftus and Palmer ext also the issues and debates are great!
Joshalos
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amcdschool)
I'm on OCR and they are all the studies we are doing at school. Not edexcel, they are merely mainly the old spec but some of the new one, such as Loftus and Palmer ext also the issues and debates are great!
Oh yeah, I never thought about using Loftus and Palmer for G543! Perfect for an interviewing witnesses question! I keep forgetting this paper is synoptic and we can use other studies as well!

On another note, how far is everyone through the syllabus. We are about halfway, we've done all of our forensics but still have our Health and Clinical psychology to go (we've only done the three Health Belief studies).

I'm tempted to just go ahead and start learning them myself.
gogo122
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshalos)
Oh yeah, I never thought about using Loftus and Palmer for G543! Perfect for an interviewing witnesses question! I keep forgetting this paper is synoptic and we can use other studies as well!

On another note, how far is everyone through the syllabus. We are about halfway, we've done all of our forensics but still have our Health and Clinical psychology to go (we've only done the three Health Belief studies).

I'm tempted to just go ahead and start learning them myself.
I think your college is a little bit behind. We have finished Forensics and nearly finished Healthy Living (HW to finish during easter). So we have Clinical Psychology (Dysfunctional behaviour and Disorders) to do after Easter.

Im dreading this exam now, I can't even remember what studies are in Forensics . I've got so much work to do in the next 2 weeks :eek:.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%