Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a really random question, but do any AS physics people out there know the pixel size of a charged couple device? I wrote the question down in my notes but for some reason I never wrote it down, and I think it would be better to get the exact edexcel value that we are taught rather than any value I could get by looking on the internet. I know the grain size for photographic emulson is 1 micro metre.

Thanks for help,
    mike

ReputationRep:
    Actually while I'm here I should ask also the other thing that's been confusing me in astrophysics.

How does the annual parralax method work? I understand that when the earth is on opposite sides of the sun the nearby star will appear in a different place against the backdrop or distant stars (whose apparent displacement over 6 months is negligable I would imagine), but from this how do you measure the parralax angle? Do you measure the angle alpha and beta and find their average? Then how do you measure alpha and beta? :confused:

Thanks again fgor any help
    mike

ReputationRep:
    bumpety bump... someone has to know this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    http://star-www.st-and.ac.uk/~fv/webnotes/chapt14.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Answer scheme from edexcel:

5um-50um

ReputationRep:
    that's a huge range comapred to my answer 1 micrometre for the grain of photographic emulsion... but ok thankyou very much!

what is the answerscheme, just the markscheme for an exam asking for that length, or an actual edexcel file with all the answers to the specification/things you need to remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    that's a huge range comapred to my answer 1 micrometre for the grain of photographic emulsion... but ok thankyou very much!

what is the answerscheme, just the markscheme for an exam asking for that length, or an actual edexcel file with all the answers to the specification/things you need to remember?
    Just an answerscheme to a question in edexcel for Astronomy A level, on the size of a ccd pixel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

And according to the answerscheme, a grain of the photo emulsion is:

0.1um - 1um

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thankyou. Out of interest, do you have the past papers for Edexcel physics? Except the specimen of course which is on the website .

ReputationRep:
    No.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.