Why do girls call each other sluts? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dark Horse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've noticed this behavior is pretty commonplace, particularly within the wide and inter-changing social circles of so-called "party girls." Eh?

I've also noted that it's sometimes passed off as "banter". Although I've always thought that the "banter" of the modern-age is to purposely cross the line and prod extremely sensitive soft spots on purpose. That might seem empowering, that our beloved sluts could move passed that, but for me the gold would be them not having such a soft spot in the first place.
thinktoomuch610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wish I knew! Slut shaming is one of the worst things around today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anthony.BF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because X girl wants Y guy but Y guy is with G girl.

It's pretty much the basis for all slut shaming.
pinkangelgirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts and whores.
Indeterminate
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As far as I've been able to tell in my 18 years, the reasons are as follows:

(i) disliking someone in general

(ii) jealousy

(iii) revenge

(iv) to hide the fact that one is a slut herself.
Morgasm19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Indeterminate)
As far as I've been able to tell in my 18 years, the reasons are as follows:

(i) disliking someone in general

(ii) jealousy

(iii) revenge

(iv) to hide the fact that one is a slut herself.
I agree with the first three points. I think girls use it as a put down for girls they just don't like or that are more sexually successful than themselves.
consumed by stuff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i don't like the word , but who cares. guys banter is mostly penis based, when you think about it. nob ,nobhead, ****, ********, *******, prick. you'll get called a ****, **** or a pussy. even a tit or an ********. you say comebacks like you suck balls, suck my ****. this takes up a massive percentage of "banter".

we use what we know. we are a obsessed with our own penis but we don't like penis's in general because that would be gay and if we are not gay we would'nt want people thinking we are. or talking to another man like a woman, because thats clearly demeaning. when its not that we are just calling you places we would like to put our penis.

women use slut, skank, ho, whore in the same way. i.e "omg i can't believe you did that, your such a whore lol, lets do some shots, talk about periods etc etc

they use what they know. women should be made to feel ashamed for having sex. for some unknown reason.
MancBoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Girl logic -

Girl calls another girl slut...everything is fine.

Guy calls girl slut...:mob:
Hopple
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Say a woman is in a relationship with a man, then an 'easy' woman is a threat to that relationship so the first woman hates on the 'easy' woman even if it's the man who was the one cheating on her. Same goes for when men fight other men if a woman cheats on him with that man, except that's usually after the event whilst women try to pre-empt the cheating by shaming 'easy' women.
Swanbow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pinkangelgirl)
You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts and whores.
Yay for the Mean Girls reference!
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's internalised misogyny. We're brought up in a culture that says if a woman has sex with lots of men she's a slut, so of course women use it to demean other women. Just because women use it as well as men does not mean it is not a sexist term - we're all brought up in the same society so men and women take on these messages that for a woman to have lots of sex she is dirty and immoral.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MancBoy)
Girl logic -

Girl calls another girl slut...everything is fine.

Guy calls girl slut...:mob:
Innit.

And "Slut shaming" as well, some pointless, meaningless term some online Tumblr feminists invented so they have something else to get offended by.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have always wondered about this. It is not a nice term to use to a 'sister' and I would have though a 'do as you would be done by' principle might apply. The only situation where I can understand it would be with regard to deliberate mate stealing where a woman is using all her sexual charms in a predatory way. I can see then how this horrible word might feel appropriate.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 years ago
I think it's similar to guys calling one another douche-bags, no ?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think it's similar to guys calling one another douche-bags, no ?
Pretty much.

But there needs to be some deeper, feminist reasoning behind it which paints the woman as the victim of course.
weirdnessandcoffee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm supposing they're saying it recreationally? If that makes any sense, like on twitter someone will hashtag a picture or post and say #withmysluts or #greatnightwiththeslut or #lovemyslut etc
pinkangelgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
Yay for the Mean Girls reference!
someone had to do it lol!
Enigmatic Spirit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thinktoomuch610)
Wish I knew! Slut shaming is one of the worst things around today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why? If you are a slut, you should be shamed for it. It isn't an admirable characteristic now is it? That includes men too, before you call me sexist.
Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because it decreases the value of the women who aren't sluts because they are competing for resources provided by men.
Dark Horse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Enigmatic Spirit)
Why? If you are a slut, you should be shamed for it. It isn't an admirable characteristic now is it? That includes men too, before you call me sexist.

(Original post by Ultimate1)
Because it decreases the value of the women who aren't sluts because they are competing for resources provided by men.
Yes but how the hell could there be some kind of limit to the sex a girl can have? And how the hell would it even be measured? In sexual partners? A running total of all encounters? Number of orgasms? Number of thrusts?

What I'm trying to ask is...by what code? By what standard? How can anyone call anyone a slut? Most people love ****ing so it's beyond me why the same people would play along with the shaming of people acting on their love of ****ing.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (82)
19.48%
Labour (206)
48.93%
Liberal Democrats (57)
13.54%
Green Party (26)
6.18%
Brexit Party (5)
1.19%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.71%
SNP (8)
1.9%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.71%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.43%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)