The Student Room Group

A level students when are you going to start revising for June exams?

Just wondering if people have already started? Also when is your first and last exams? I'm just wondering. Mine starts 21st May and my last one is on the 5th of June. They are all really close together! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Just wondering if people have already started? Also when is your first and last exams? I'm just wondering. Mine starts 21st May and my last one is on the 5th of June. They are all really close together! :frown:

How many do you have? I guess I've sort of started to revise, but not intensively yet (I only have three; doing Further Maths AS for the remainder of my gap year).
My first exam is on the 13th may and last is on 6th June. I have 10 exams, and havent started revisiing yet!!!!:eek:
I'm going to start tomorrow...I hope!:redface:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
How many do you have? I guess I've sort of started to revise, but not intensively yet (I only have three; doing Further Maths AS for the remainder of my gap year).

Well with resits i have 6 exams otherwise i would have 4exams! Not being pessimitic but just thinking about maybe improving UMS scores and such.
(edited 11 years ago)
Without resits I have 11 exams. I've already started "revising" for STEP I,II and AEA and as soon as I've finished my FP2 and 3 as well as S2 I'll start on STEP III, Geography, Biology and Further Maths. Chemistry and C4 can wait until early April.
My first exam is in May so my revision has already started :')
I finished A-levels last summer. For both AS/A2 revision began for me from day one (September) right up until I finished all my exams. It's a proven stratagem :smile:
Reply 7
I intend to start doing 40 mins to an hour a day from the 1st of march. I'm doing maths (a2) chem (as) phy(as) and art(as). Art I don't need to revise for. I'm unsure as to whether or not I should try do STEP I considering I am in year 11 and I am more likely to do Physics rather than maths because my teacher is simultaneously encouraging and discouraging me from doing it.
Reply 8
The week before :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm starting from tomorrow. I only have three A2 exams, but English Literature is daunting me already since it's a closed book exam. The prospect of me remembering quotes from Blake, King Lear and Oedipus is not looking likely. I might put in for two AS resits to just bump up my grade a little bit too!
I'm not going to start intensively, just utilise my college free periods effectively.
Reply 10
For me I just continuosly study from after January exams up until June when my exams are. With sciences and maths this will ensure I understand all the concepts well enough and so I don't have to do much revision really, and can just concentrate on practice questions.
Reply 11
Original post by Simran Mars Foster

I started last week
Going to catch up on my work in half term (hopefully!) and then from then on ill just revise as I go along. Then I'll revise for my exams about a month before each one...
Reply 13
I'll probably start in March, when I open my January exam results and realise I seriously messed up.
I'm revising now (although I'm on AS). Not intensely though, I don't really have much to learn atm anyway - only had about three weeks on the new units :tongue:
Erm, in theory, last week. Curse you procrastination!
Reply 16
I have mock exams coming up, so I've already started revising for them (and need to know the same content plus more for the real exams anyway). So sort of now ish (/a few days ago).

But if you mean proper intense day-in-day-out timetable sort of revision, then I suppose around mid/end March because that is around the time when my Easter holidays start. I won't have any homework and will have finished my courses, so can concentrate on revision alone. My first exam is S1 on the 17th May as it's an AS exam, but after that mine are 6th-18th June (I think...well done to my memory if so, it's starting to get it's warm up exercising down). :biggrin:
Reply 17
at the moment just writing up the stuff we've done in class up onto power point and making mind maps, not 'hard core' at all just so i don't end up cramming near the exams :colondollar:
Expectation: Easter holiday.
Reality: Start of study leave.
Original post by audi_turbo
Expectation: Easter holiday.
Reality: Start of study leave.

We won't get study leave and will be expected to come to our lessons as normal. :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest