rachelrazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Salve!

I am doing Latin AS at the mo, we all seem to find unseen Cicero really hard, is that the case for everyone? or just me? D: Does anyone have any tips on improving at unseen Cicero translations?

Also, In Verrem is our set text, and i'm finding learning the translation near on impossible, it just goes on and on and on, does anyone have any tips for learning their literature?

thanks!
Dazed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You have to actually learn the translation? :O I was under the impression we didn't... I learnt the poetry from GCSE but thought like the the prose from GCSE as long as you fully understood what was happening in each section then you'd be fine. Have you got this? http://www.openbookpublishers.com/pr...sh-translation I've found it's helpful particularly the commentary even though it is insanely detailed, more than needed.

Sorry can't help with the unseen texts I'm finding them so very hard, particularly the ones about the military, and as I'm the only one doing it I have no idea whether it's just me being terrible, eventhough my teacher assures me I'm not.

Vale!
Tweak6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm having trouble with the unseen too, so sorry I can't be of any use there!

I'm learning the translation, because there are those 15 mark translation questions and there frankly isn't time for me to sit there and puzzle out the latin. I'm just apporaching it a section at a time, so I don't overwhelm myself. Cicero really does like to hear his own voice...
tilly5798
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My teacher highly recommended us to do the english-latin sentences, because the examiners are way more generous when they mark the english-latin sentences, because they are many ways of translating the sentences.

Plus, they are tonnes easier than the unseen cicero translations.. i can totally relate ._.

(I'm doing the OCR latin AS, but i think OCR is the only exam board that do latin at A-Level)
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is there something in specific (ie structure, vocabulary...) that you find difficult with the Cicero unseen?

EDIT: Just realised we necroed a forgotten thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (116)
86.57%
No (18)
13.43%

Watched Threads