The Student Room Group

offer from Oxford uni Msc in integrated immunology ,, Who is with me?

Hello,,

I am glad to have an offer from the University of oxford in Msc integrated immunology for 2013.

I want to get in touch with other students got a place in the program.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dramiina
Hello,,

I am glad to have an offer from the University of oxford in Msc integrated immunology for 2013.

Hi. I also got an offer last week after an interview with Prof Austyn and two other panellists. I haven't heard from the colleges yet, but the website said we might have to wait 8 - 10 weeks after the university offer. Glad to hear from a fellow integrated immunologist!.
Reply 2
Hello,,

Hi! I have an interview soon for the program. Is there anything you suggest that I do to prepare?
Reply 3
Know everything in your personal statement and how it relates to immunology I guess.

Goodluck!!
Reply 4
Just got an offer this afternoon, completely unexpected. They grilled me at the interview there
Reply 5
Original post by MrGolgi
Just got an offer this afternoon, completely unexpected. They grilled me at the interview there

I got an offer from the administrator, but it says that I have to meet certain conditions. Did anyone else get the same information? IF so, what were your conditions that you had to meet?
Reply 6
Original post by kracklepop
I got an offer from the administrator, but it says that I have to meet certain conditions. Did anyone else get the same information? IF so, what were your conditions that you had to meet?

Yea they said that to me too, but I assume they mean meeting their academic and financial requirements. So assuming ur still doing ur undergrad, u will have to get either a first or a 2:1. And enough money to complete the course. I THINK.
Reply 7
Exactly. My Departmental conditions were that I send originals of my undergrad transcript (2:1) and toefl result of at least 110 (international student). The college offer came with a condion that I fill the guarantee form, showing evidence of funding...
Reply 8
I'm seriously considering applying for this course once I finish my undergrad in Biomedical Science.
Reply 9
Hello,,

Hello there. I have also been offered a place in MSc in Integrated Immunology for the October 2013 intake. =)
Reply 10
Original post by MrGolgi
Yea they said that to me too, but I assume they mean meeting their academic and financial requirements. So assuming ur still doing ur undergrad, u will have to get either a first or a 2:1. And enough money to complete the course. I THINK.

Well You would be asked to get at least a 2:1 in your Bachelors degree and at least 7 in each of the components of IELTS! Funding requirements have to be settled with once a designated college sends you an offer.
Reply 11
Original post by drbad
Exactly. My Departmental conditions were that I send originals of my undergrad transcript (2:1) and toefl result of at least 110 (international student). The college offer came with a condion that I fill the guarantee form, showing evidence of funding...

By which deadline did you apply?
Reply 12
Original post by MrGolgi

Hey, my offer was unexpected also. After the interview, I thought that I didn't get the position, because it was 30 minutes of nonstop Immunology questions. Although, I answered all but 2 questions; at the end, the interviewer said "...We have tons of applicants this year..." I took that as a subtle 'no'. I was very surprised when I saw it in my email. I still can't believe I have been offered a position. I want to ask you, since you received the offer the same day as me, have you received the formal letter yet? I haven't gotten anything post Kairen's email.

Also, I have talked to some people about the conditions, and as many people have pointed out here, one of the conditions is academic standing. So, I am anxious to see what my conditions will be, since I have already graduated from my undergrad.
Reply 13
Original post by Neuronian
By which deadline did you apply?

I applied by the January deadline, had the interview in the last week of January, and got both offers in February. I think I got the University offer ~2 weeks after the email notification, and the college offer ~2 weeks later.
Reply 14
Hey, my offer was unexpected also. After the interview, I thought that I didn't get the position, because it was 30 minutes of nonstop Immunology questions. Although, I answered all but 2 questions; at the end, the interviewer said "...We have tons of applicants this year..." I took that as a subtle 'no'. I was very surprised when I saw it in my email. I still can't believe I have been offered a position. I want to ask you, since you received the offer the same day as me, have you received the formal letter yet? I haven't gotten anything post Kairen's email.

Also, I have talked to some people about the conditions, and as many people have pointed out here, one of the conditions is academic standing. So, I am anxious to see what my conditions will be, since I have already graduated from my undergrad.

I think they'll just ask you to send them your original academic transcripts.

Congrats btw :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Neuronian
Well You would be asked to get at least a 2:1 in your Bachelors degree and at least 7 in each of the components of IELTS! Funding requirements have to be settled with once a designated college sends you an offer.

Thats right. But they actually require minimum of 7.5 total with at least 7 in each component in the IELTS for international students.:cool:
Reply 16

Same, mine was about 40 mins of non-stop interrogation and I thought to myself '3 yrs of hard work has gone down the drain here'. And no I've not received anything from kairan at all. Looks like we r on the same boat here then, I have graduated as well and I got a 2:1 (so surprised that they offer me a place). I'd say that they r also waiting for the college that we will be assigned. I didn't put any college preference in my application form so that may be why.
Reply 17
Original post by drbad
Thats right. But they actually require minimum of 7.5 total with at least 7 in each component in the IELTS for international students.:cool:

Sorry I forgot to mention they require a band score of a minimum of 7.5! and also scoring a 2:1 in undergrad. The conditions are quite simple and merely formalities I presume since most students easily attain them anyway prior to been subjected to the conditions.I received my offer(Kairen's mail) exactly 1 week after my interview( my interview being on the 22nd of Jan) and received the formal offer about two weeks later. Yes the interview was quite grilling as per what almost everyone whom I have heard from said. It was an experience nonetheless. My friends got accepted in the Pharmacology department and they said they were only asked to complete Bachelor's as the condition!! lol I suppose our department is stricter !!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by MrGolgi
Same, mine was about 40 mins of non-stop interrogation and I thought to myself '3 yrs of hard work has gone down the drain here'. And no I've not received anything from kairan at all. Looks like we r on the same boat here then, I have graduated as well and I got a 2:1 (so surprised that they offer me a place). I'd say that they r also waiting for the college that we will be assigned. I didn't put any college preference in my application form so that may be why.

Lol wow it feels good to be hearing from fellow interviewees and to be able to hear their share of the nerve-racking experience! btw you will hear from the admission office next via an e-mail offering you a conditional place in the program!(at least that is what I experienced)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
So far we have about 5 ppl who got the offer, im sure there is more but may be they r not members of the student room. I cant wait till October:biggrin:!!

Quick Reply