The Student Room Group

offer from Oxford uni Msc in integrated immunology ,, Who is with me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AcquaLife
Thanks for you information. I have a few follow up questions. First, did you accept the offer and how was the class? Do you have a world class knowledge of Immunology because of the programme? How much time did you have to study for the class? Was there time to visit historic areas in the UK and enjoy your stay at Oxford? Also, when you were in the interview did they ask very specific questions? Such as, which interleukins were secreted by which type of cells, and how did the interleukin stimulate immune cells? I plan on making a study sheet including as much information as possible about the immune system. I just want to know what are reasonable questions to consider. Considering the programme is Immunology, I would imagine you learn a lot while in the programme. So how much are you expected to know? Again, I know a decent amount for never taking an Immunology class via research.

Thank you so very much!

You could give me your Email address. I don't come on student room very often.
Hey guys,
nice to meet you all :smile:

I couldnt find the facebook page for this course;
not too sure if i am the only one having this problem lol.
Reply 42
The page name is MSc integrated immunology 2013-2014. Everybody should be able to see it I hope. :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by MrGolgi
The page name is MSc integrated immunology 2013-2014. Everybody should be able to see it I hope. :smile:

Can you please guide me about the possibility of getting University Funding??
Reply 45
Original post by MohitArora

Hi, I'm self-funded so I wnt be much help to ur question. But I think a couple of people in our class is on some sort of funding so I'll ask them for you. But I believe that there's a check box in ur application form that allows u apply for uni funding?
Reply 46
Original post by MohitArora

Yea, just asked the guy for u. He said he's on Clarendon scholarship, and u basically don't have to do anything, u r automatically being considered for it. But u have to apply b4 the Jan deadline. So u have to be the best of the best (in their opinion). U need to have a high GPA/degree class and publication and have done some other things. Visit Www.clarendon.oc.ac.uk for more detail. Hope this helps
Reply 47
Original post by MrGolgi
Yea, just asked the guy for u. He said he's on Clarendon scholarship, and u basically don't have to do anything, u r automatically being considered for it. But u have to apply b4 the Jan deadline. So u have to be the best of the best (in their opinion). U need to have a high GPA/degree class and publication and have done some other things. Visit Www.clarendon.oc.ac.uk for more detail. Hope this helps

Hey MrGolgi! I'm an incoming MSc student (just got informed today... still in shock :eek:) and was wondering that if applicants are automatically considered for the Clarendon Fund, how does one know if he/she was accepted? Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you know anyone who has gotten a Clarendon scholarship who posts here on this forum? I would really like to get in touch to understand how this whole process works. Thanks in advance!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
Hey mhzia, congratulations!
which day did you have your interview?
Reply 49
Original post by mhzia
Hey MrGolgi! I'm an incoming MSc student (just got informed today... still in shock :eek:) and was wondering that if applicants are automatically considered for the Clarendon Fund, how does one know if he/she was accepted? Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you know anyone who has gotten a Clarendon scholarship who posts here on this forum? I would really like to get in touch to understand how this whole process works. Thanks in advance!

I think they will contact u either by email or by phone. I won't be much help cuz I didn't get the finding
Reply 50
HI Mhzia. When was your interview?
Reply 51
Original post by exosome
HI Mhzia. When was your interview?

Hey exosome! I had my interview on 02/05 and received the informal acceptance email on 02/11. Have you applied to this program as well?
Reply 52
Original post by MrGolgi
I think they will contact u either by email or by phone. I won't be much help cuz I didn't get the finding

Thanks MrGolgi! Good luck with your studies!
Original post by Lethorio
I'm seriously considering applying for this course once I finish my undergrad in Biomedical Science.

Me too! Im now starting my 2nd year of biomedical science.
Hi!

I hope some of you will notice this message.. I am applying to MSc in Integrated Immunology right now (submitting my application in a week), any last minute tips?? I am quite nervous about my personal statement! Also, I come from the Scandinavia so I don't know the exact academic requirement for me. My GPA is around 4.4 out of 5 at the moment, I hope it will be high enough!

What kind of questions did they ask in the interview? Very general immunology questions, more precise? Any personal questions? All tips and help is highly appreciated! Thanks!

ALSO I would love to hear how the course actually was (well don't tell me if it was terrible! which I doubt!) and what you are doing now!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending