Sheffield/Edinburgh Gay Life Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bragi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Anyone here know how the gay life is in both Sheffield and Edinburgh? I'd imagine Edinburgh would be better but I'm curious how both are...
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've heard that Sheffields gay life is pretty good. But dont know the specifics. You could try emailing the LGB societies of both unis and they would be able to tell you what organised stuff they have.
jandancer33
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bragi)
Anyone here know how the gay life is in both Sheffield and Edinburgh? I'd imagine Edinburgh would be better but I'm curious how both are...
we did the sheffield uni open day on friday and while touring the student union i found a small room for the glb students.
afraid it wasn't very big, and no one was in it when i looked, 'but' for it to have been there, means there is hope of you getting more information and support from inside the uni.

phoning the sheffield glbt switchboard is very good advice
had this number on my site for quite some time so if it's changed, let me know
Sheffield (Mon/Tues/Wed 7.30pm-9.30pm) 0114 258 8199

there's a few gay bars in sheffield, but not as many as to make up a whole gay 'scene' lol

you can check out this url for more info on 'whats gay' in both towns
http://www.gayguide.co.uk/index.html

hope this has helped a bit
good luck at uni
janx
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bragi)
i know guys like to do whatever they do to each other around blackford pond in edinburgh in the small hours if thats your kind of thing.

there's also a guy in my year who was regularly getting done by a 30 year old in the back of cars etc last year.
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
i know guys like to do whatever they do to each other around blackford pond in edinburgh in the small hours if thats your kind of thing.

there's also a guy in my year who was regularly getting done by a 30 year old in the back of cars etc last year.
Above ur Avatar it says "Adored and Respected member"...
What u said just now is not nice.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
Above ur Avatar it says "Adored and Respected member"...
What u said just now is not nice.
i didn't say that he is or that all gay people are into that kind of thing. But some are and i'm simply stating that it goes on in edinburgh if that is what he likes he can find it in edin.

Even if that is what he likes i don't have a problem with it.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i don't live too far from sheffield (about 15 minutes drive) and my gay friends often go into sheffield for a night out. apparently there's quite a few gay clubs and bars, i'm reliably informed that fairyliquid is the best, but that probably means that it's easiest to pull!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%