The Student Room Group

Ravensbourne 2013 offer holders!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jcf
Same here about sharing a kitchen! But I guess that factor has its pro's and con's! Haha same here, I have a feeling we'll be joining forces in starting some flat parties :biggrin:
And yeah last year the SU organised Kids in Glass Houses for freshers I think, which is pretty good!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha, flat parties are a must!!!!
That sounds pretty awesome, freshers best be crazy :cool: The only thing that annoys me about Ravensbourne is that there aren't any sports teams!
Reply 21
Has anyone got an offer for Digital photography ?
Reply 22
Original post by Royal Tenenbaum
Had my interview for Digital Film Production yesterday; the bloke who interviewed me was the nicest guy, we had a casual chat and he gave me a conditional offer on the spot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for the same course next month, would you be able to tell me a little more about the interview, like what I should expect? Thanks :smile:
Reply 23
jcf
OP
Original post by Jtarone1
Has anyone got an offer for Digital photography ?

Me! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24

:biggrin::biggrin: Lets party together looooool
Reply 25
Original post by TeaMan101
Hahahaha, flat parties are a must!!!!
That sounds pretty awesome, freshers best be crazy :cool: The only thing that annoys me about Ravensbourne is that there aren't any sports teams!

There basketball :/
Reply 26
Original post by Jtarone1
There basketball :/

I'm a Rugby player, not a fan of basketball, haha xD
Reply 27
Original post by TeaMan101
I'm a Rugby player, not a fan of basketball, haha xD

:frown:
Original post by elldoig
I have an interview for the same course next month, would you be able to tell me a little more about the interview, like what I should expect? Thanks :smile:

Sorry, didn't see your post until just now.

Apparently we're not allowed to reveal too many details on TSR but I'll give you some rough info. Basically he asked me questions based around my personal statement (the only interviewer who has so far), who I'm inspired by etc. as well as standard interview questions like why I think they should give me an offer. It probably helped that we had a mutual acquaintance, as well as being from the same town :biggrin: It was really chilled, more of a casual chat than an interview. He made an effort to make me feel at ease, really nice chap. Let's hope you get the same guy :smile:
So who's going to the drinks and nibbles evening tomorrow?
Reply 30
Sorry, didn't see your post until just now.

Apparently we're not allowed to reveal too many details on TSR but I'll give you some rough info. Basically he asked me questions based around my personal statement (the only interviewer who has so far), who I'm inspired by etc. as well as standard interview questions like why I think they should give me an offer. It probably helped that we had a mutual acquaintance, as well as being from the same town :biggrin: It was really chilled, more of a casual chat than an interview. He made an effort to make me feel at ease, really nice chap. Let's hope you get the same guy :smile:

Thanks a lot for the info! The last thing I want is to feel nervous and not be able to say everything I plan to say, so I hope I have the same guy and can feel comfortable talking! Did he ask much about your portfolio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elldoig
Thanks a lot for the info! The last thing I want is to feel nervous and not be able to say everything I plan to say, so I hope I have the same guy and can feel comfortable talking! Did he ask much about your portfolio?

We just looked at my showreel and talked about the influences on the different bits of work; he spotted the Sofia Coppola and Philip Bloom inspirations. As long as you know your work and what you're talking about you should be fine.
Reply 32
jcf
OP
So who's going to the drinks and nibbles evening tomorrow?

They sent out another email saying that tomorrow night is only for current Ravensbourne students wanting to move up from Foundation to Undergraduate level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jcf
They sent out another email saying that tomorrow night is only for current Ravensbourne students wanting to move up from Foundation to Undergraduate level

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the one I got it said Further Education students who hold offers. Presumably they mean us...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
We just looked at my showreel and talked about the influences on the different bits of work; he spotted the Sofia Coppola and Philip Bloom inspirations. As long as you know your work and what you're talking about you should be fine.

Thanks for the help and reassurance, appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the one I got it said Further Education students who hold offers. Presumably they mean us...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah no I just emailed them and it is an internal event. Must be really embarrassing for them to screw up like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
jcf
OP
Ah no I just emailed them and it is an internal event. Must be really embarrassing for them to screw up like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha indeed! What a slip up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
jcf
OP
I've just accepted my unconditional for Ravensbourne!! :biggrin: hopefully see you all in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
i got an unconditional offer for digital advertisement and design, is anyone els doing that or going into motion graphics or graphic design course.
Reply 39
i got an unconditional offer for digital advertisement and design for ravensbourne! is anyone els doing that or going into motion graphics or graphic design course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending