Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a C B 66/90......but how can this be?????? I knew 90% of the paper to perfection and after the exam I was sure to get it....... I really am feeling bad now.......

And the best in my year suppose to get A* only got a C in that paper....it is quite worrying.....Did anyone have the same experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equili3rium)
    I got a C B 66/90......but how can this be?????? I knew 90% of the paper to perfection and after the exam I was sure to get it....... I really am feeling bad now.......

And the best in my year suppose to get A* only got a C in that paper....it is quite worrying.....Did anyone have the same experience?

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I got 64/90 and yet I too knew practically 90% of the paper was right. My friend also didnt do as well as he expected to do, he revised a lot because he needed to do well on it and after the exam knew he had done quite well. However it turned out he got 55/90 which was the average result of his AS grades! Something dodgy is going on here I'm sure, I dont know what to do, whether to get the paper re-marked or to get it back to look through. Trouble is, I know that all this might seem a bit big headed to anyone else but afterall who is some idiot at the exam board got to do with deciding our future??

ReputationRep:
    Worst of all I spent the most time (75% of revision time) revising for that exam

and my other exams, which I felt less confidence of reaching a high mark actually did turn out high, Physics (Force/Field/Energy = 75/90).

Im very upset now.......

ReputationRep:
    I was happy with my CR&S mark. I got 79/90 and felt that this was a mark I am happy with! I don't think there was anything dodgy going on when they marked my paper.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.