Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm having to write up the testing bit of my coursework; could someone explain the difference between unit testing, module testing and system testing for me?

Also I need to know the differences between normal, extreme and erroneous testing. If anyone could help, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark__shines)
    Hi, I'm having to write up the testing bit of my coursework; could someone explain the difference between unit testing, module testing and system testing for me?

Also I need to know the differences between normal, extreme and erroneous testing. If anyone could help, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks
    For the second bit, normal is data that would be valid (ie for age it would be 17), extreme is data at the edges of valid but still valid (ie 0 or 116)
    and erroneus is data that is not valid (ie seventeen if the validation is in number format)

ReputationRep:
    unit testing - testing each cell.
    module testing - testing macros etc.
    system testing - the overall composotion?

All a guess.. why are you doing that anyway? I didn't bother with silly stuff like that last year and got 110/120.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    unit testing - testing each cell.
    module testing - testing macros etc.
    system testing - the overall composotion?

All a guess.. why are you doing that anyway? I didn't bother with silly stuff like that last year and got 110/120.
    *shrugs* just doing what I'm told. hehe but thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck on the third piece, i dunno if anyones on the same exam board but it's to do with vlookup formulas, it's the last task on the third piece if anyone can help
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pEzKiNg)
    I'm stuck on the third piece, i dunno if anyones on the same exam board but it's to do with vlookup formulas, it's the last task on the third piece if anyone can help
    I don't know what the task is but I can do Vlookups with my eyes closed - if you explain the problem (in as much detail as possible) I'll try to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark__shines)

Thanks
    If you are doing AQA ICT i have a handout with the process of testing and the meaning of different tests.

Send you email address if you are interested

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.