The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM BA Graphic design - mini portfolio (URGENT!)

Hi everyone

I have applied BA graphic design for CSM and I got an email about the submission of mini portfolio two weeks ago. Unfortunately , I deleted the email and cannot be found from trash as well. I remember the deadline is 22nd of February but I forget the detail of it( I remember like they request to see max. 30 images...) I have sent an email to CSM to request a new email for the detail of mini portfolio but didn't hear their reply.Is there anyone who is going to submit the mini portfolio for BA Graphic design for CSM as well? Can I know the detail of it? For the portfolio I have to send a link to them or upload to our own account for CSM? I can't remember it.

Thank you very much!!!

Charlie
Reply 1
I would suggest to ring them up asap! As you've only got a day left! I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out and because they are so busy with the applications they've received at the moment, it will probably take a while to get through all the emails. Best of luck! : )
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
If this helps, this is what I got:

Thank you for your application via UCAS for BA (Hons) Graphic Design at Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design commencing in September 2013.

Please read the following information and follow the instructions carefully.

· You are required to submit a mini-portfolio comprising an electronic selection of work via the University’s Online Portfolio system. Instructions on how to do this are detailed at the end of this email.

· You must submit your mini-portfolio by Friday 15/02/13, 12 noon (UK time)

Before submitting your mini-portfolio please ensure that you have complied with the following instructions:

When submitting your mini portfolio, please ensure it contains evidence of ‘primary’ and ‘secondary’ research, ideas development and experimentation with media as well as finished pieces. Your work could be the result of set projects and self initiated work, it could be work in progress and finished pieces. We like to see sketchbooks/notebooks, worksheets, working drawings and notes, life-drawing, photography, moving image work, interactive media or 3D work. Some evidence of your use of letterforms or typography, possibly in combination with imagery, can be useful to include, however it is not essential to show attempts at 'professional' graphic design. Some evidence of your digital software skills can be interesting to see, though remember we are looking for potential in terms of your ‘thinking’, your ability to tackle visual problems and find inventive/creative solutions. Visually communicating your ‘ideas’ is more important than simply demonstrating your digital proficiency.

DON’TS

· Do not submit more than the required 10 images as any additional items submitted will not be considered

· Please do not leave your submission to the last minute, as this may cause delays in processing your portfolio

Once your submitted 10 images have been assessed you may be shortlisted for the next stage of the application process where you will be invited to attend a portfolio review.

All portfolio review invites will be communicated to you via UCAS Track and you should be logging on regularly to track the progress of your application.

Portfolio reviews will take place between 05/03/13 and 14/03/13 and all applicants who have been selected for a portfolio review should ensure that they are available during this period as it will not be possible to change the date or time that has been scheduled.

Guidance on how to use the Online Portfolio Review Tool

System Requirements: For best results please use an up-to-date version of Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer version 9

How to login:

Please click on the following link to upload your portfolio http://ual.reviewstage.com/portfolioreview/login

Username: *****

Password: *****

Once logged in please click on the “Upload Portfolio/ Continue” button.

What Files Can I Use?

Maximum file size is 5MB per upload for images and 10MB for moving image files

Acceptable file formats: JPG, PNG, MOV, FLV (No PDF's)

Having issues with your .MOV file? Please ensure you're using common codecs.

There is also an additional ‘Supporting statement’ section, please use this section to add any additional information relevant to your submission.

Need help?

If you need some assistance you can view a demonstration video by clicking on this link http://vimeo.com/57080017 If you need further support please email [email protected] with subject header 'Portfolio Help' and your Student ID. For technical queries please include the following information: Platform (PC or Mac), browser type and version (eg Firefox 9.0.1). We will not be able to help with your query if you fail to include this information.

Kind Regards

Admissions Team
Reply 3
Original post by Owl Patrol
I would suggest to ring them up asap! As you've only got a day left! I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out and because they are so busy with the applications they've received at the moment, it will probably take a while to get through all the emails. Best of luck! : )

thank you!
I have just phoned them but unfortunately there is no one in graphic design department today and the assistant asks me to call back on Monday. Anyway I have sent out a hard copy of the portfolio which will arrive to CSM today. Hope will be fine. finger cross!
Reply 4
Original post by vonnie152
If this helps, this is what I got:

Thank you for your application via UCAS for BA (Hons) Graphic Design at Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design commencing in September 2013.

Please read the following information and follow the instructions carefully.

· You are required to submit a mini-portfolio comprising an electronic selection of work via the University’s Online Portfolio system. Instructions on how to do this are detailed at the end of this email.

· You must submit your mini-portfolio by Friday 15/02/13, 12 noon (UK time)

Before submitting your mini-portfolio please ensure that you have complied with the following instructions:

When submitting your mini portfolio, please ensure it contains evidence of ‘primary’ and ‘secondary’ research, ideas development and experimentation with media as well as finished pieces. Your work could be the result of set projects and self initiated work, it could be work in progress and finished pieces. We like to see sketchbooks/notebooks, worksheets, working drawings and notes, life-drawing, photography, moving image work, interactive media or 3D work. Some evidence of your use of letterforms or typography, possibly in combination with imagery, can be useful to include, however it is not essential to show attempts at 'professional' graphic design. Some evidence of your digital software skills can be interesting to see, though remember we are looking for potential in terms of your ‘thinking’, your ability to tackle visual problems and find inventive/creative solutions. Visually communicating your ‘ideas’ is more important than simply demonstrating your digital proficiency.

DON’TS

· Do not submit more than the required 10 images as any additional items submitted will not be considered

· Please do not leave your submission to the last minute, as this may cause delays in processing your portfolio

Once your submitted 10 images have been assessed you may be shortlisted for the next stage of the application process where you will be invited to attend a portfolio review.

All portfolio review invites will be communicated to you via UCAS Track and you should be logging on regularly to track the progress of your application.

Portfolio reviews will take place between 05/03/13 and 14/03/13 and all applicants who have been selected for a portfolio review should ensure that they are available during this period as it will not be possible to change the date or time that has been scheduled.

Guidance on how to use the Online Portfolio Review Tool

System Requirements: For best results please use an up-to-date version of Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer version 9

How to login:

Please click on the following link to upload your portfolio http://ual.reviewstage.com/portfolioreview/login

Username: *****

Password: *****

Once logged in please click on the “Upload Portfolio/ Continue” button.

What Files Can I Use?

Maximum file size is 5MB per upload for images and 10MB for moving image files

Acceptable file formats: JPG, PNG, MOV, FLV (No PDF's)

Having issues with your .MOV file? Please ensure you're using common codecs.

There is also an additional ‘Supporting statement’ section, please use this section to add any additional information relevant to your submission.

Need help?

If you need some assistance you can view a demonstration video by clicking on this link http://vimeo.com/57080017 If you need further support please email [email protected] with subject header 'Portfolio Help' and your Student ID. For technical queries please include the following information: Platform (PC or Mac), browser type and version (eg Firefox 9.0.1). We will not be able to help with your query if you fail to include this information.

Kind Regards

Admissions Team

Thank you!!! But according to my memory, they request me max. 30 images (?)Anyway, I have sent out a hard copy of my portfolio which contains 30 images by post yesterday. Hope it will be ok ! And i just wanna try to login in the account, can I ask what kind of the username and password will be. Are they my personal detail or Ucas ID?
Reply 5
Original post by josephine212
Thank you!!! But according to my memory, they request me max. 30 images (?)Anyway, I have sent out a hard copy of my portfolio which contains 30 images by post yesterday. Hope it will be ok ! And i just wanna try to login in the account, can I ask what kind of the username and password will be. Are they my personal detail or Ucas ID?

No worries, as for the 30 images I have never heard of that... Not sure :P

My username was my email address and the password was just something they gave me in the email.. Hope this helps!

Good luck to all applicants :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 7
Original post by vonnie152
Has anyone heard back yet?

I still haven't heard back yet. :frown:

I'm really tempted to give them a call, but they're probably fed up of hearing my voice from the amount of times I called them because of technical errors with my mini portfolio. xD
Reply 8
Original post by Jullith
I still haven't heard back yet. :frown:

I'm really tempted to give them a call, but they're probably fed up of hearing my voice from the amount of times I called them because of technical errors with my mini portfolio. xD

I emailed admissions and they told me to hang in there till 14th March :smile:
Hopefully they will get back to us by then!
Reply 9
Hi there, i know this thread was from years ago, but i was wondering if yous had to upload your portfolio through peeblepad as well, and if you did where did you attach the 250 word statement?
Original post by hhr2
Hi there, i know this thread was from years ago, but i was wondering if yous had to upload your portfolio through peeblepad as well, and if you did where did you attach the 250 word statement?

Hiya, I have the same online portfolio to do, did you find out where you put the statement?
Original post by poppy3001
Hiya, I have the same online portfolio to do, did you find out where you put the statement?

When I rang up they told me to put the statement in the last image description box.
Original post by nefertitis
When I rang up they told me to put the statement in the last image description box.

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest