Why is Architecture the most competitive course at Cambridge?

Watch
ColdLogic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I really cannot fathom why.
cheetahs56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because it is a good career, Cambridge is a good university.
ColdLogic
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by cheetahs56)
Because it is a good career, Cambridge is a good university.
Agreed. But how is Architecture more competitive than Law and Medicine?! It's absurd that this is the case!
pixelfrag
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ColdLogic)
Agreed. But how is Architecture more competitive than Law and Medicine?! It's absurd that this is the case!
A friend of mine applied to do Architecture at Fitzwilliam College. They only give two offers...
cheetahs56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ColdLogic)
I'm not sure exactly about the figures, but Architecture is really popular, especially at a top uni like Cambridge. As for Medicine at Cambridge, the course isn't the best there, so not as many want to go to that specific Uni.
Sauron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pixelfrag got the answer I think. Architecture, undoubtedly isn't as POPULAR as other courses like medicine, but COMPETITIVE I'm guessing is defined as the ratio of applicants to places. The Architecture faculty is really small at Cambridge so all it takes is for architecture to be mildly popular and the ratio soares.
That's the way I see it anyway
moritzplatz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
because there is no Architecture course in oxford.
joyce-diana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess it's because it's one of the few art-related courses in the uni? Cambridge is not keen on 'artistic' subjects.
the other art related subject I know people study is art history, and architecture is obviously more interesting.
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not an overly popular course in terms of numbers, thus not as many staff thus smaller class sizes

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed