Gemlou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi
I've got an interview at Portsmouth for PGCE Secondary Geography. One part of the interview is a 10 minute micro-teaching task (does not need to be subject specific) they suggest to pick a skill, interst or hobby. Has anyone else had any experience of micro-teaching tasks and any ideas on what I could do it on?
Thanks
abbieinnes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I have a primary PGCE interview at Bath Spa next week and I have to do a 5 minute micro teach....I'm really really stuck, can you give me any ideas? What did you do for yours? Thanks!
swarfliam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abbieinnes)
Hi, I have a primary PGCE interview at Bath Spa next week and I have to do a 5 minute micro teach....I'm really really stuck, can you give me any ideas? What did you do for yours? Thanks!

Do you not get told which subject? Sounds a bit harsh!
Veggiechic6
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I had to do a 5 min teaching task as part of my interview. I was given an option of either teaching a skill or explaining an activity I'd seen at a primary school. We were split into groups of 5 with 2 assessors writing down what we were doing. Most people taught a skill like dance, maketon etc. It's not so much what you do as how you do it. Just be calm, speak slowly and clearly, tell the group exactly what they'll be doing and give clear instructions. Try to ask questions and involve your learners. Try not to go first; you'll feel a lot more relaxed once you've had fun doing the others' tasks. Make sure you're organised with all the right materials you need and maybe try to practice the task on someone beforehand to check timing (I roped in my folks the night before). The time flies, there's not a huge amount you can do in such a short time so don't stress too much.
Cbees93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello has anyone got any ideas on what I can do for my 5 min micro teach activity for my bath spa pgce interview please?
swarfliam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cbees93)
Hello has anyone got any ideas on what I can do for my 5 min micro teach activity for my bath spa pgce interview please?

Any subject?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.21%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed