Using a tablet for notes

Watch this thread
username974147
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Last edited by username974147; 1 year ago
sabian92
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
iPad with a Zagg Folio case/keyboard + the Notability app. Best combination for it by far.

Well worth it, and it automatically uploads to Dropbox/Google Drive as a PDF, plus if you have recorded sound it uploads that too.
HighwayUnicorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I dunno, I have an iPad but I really only use it to check the internet, for day trips and using the apps. I downloaded Pages and though it has some nice features, I find typing on it to be a lot less easier, efficient and more uncomfortable than typing on a computer or a laptop. However it is nice to store notes on iBooks that have been written up and made into PDF files. Just stick with pen and paper for the note taking.

If you have got the money, I would say to go for the iPad. It is a very good tablet and it does has a good use in other areas other than taking notes. I've heard mixed things about the Surface.

You could become a theft target with a tablet. If you do decide to buy one, don't have it on show everywhere. Just make your notes in class and don't show it off. Also, I dunno if it's just a thing at my school but people frown upon those who bring laptops/tablets into school. They say it's unnecessary.
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I use iPad and notability too, for work

I bought my daughter the same for sixth form and she uses it all the time

I do not use it for typing as the laptop is easier but she does

I also have an app that I can hand-write and it changes it to text which I use for minutes in meetings that I have to send out
tulips17
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I have the iPad. And I do take it to sixth form, but I don't really use it to take down notes. Maybe just quick notes in my free time. Mainly I use it for viewing textbooks and revision notes I have typed up.

The iPad does have good apps to take notes like iPages that syncs to icloud for backup.
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scoonezy)
A friend of mine recently mentioned the idea of using a tablet, such as an iPad or a Surface, to make notes in sixth form.

I just wanted to know if anyone's tried it, and if so, how is it? Obviously there's issues like theft or damage; has anyone had any such an experience? Lastly, which is the best tablet for note-taking in your opinion?

Thanks!
At the school I work at the whole sixth form have iPads which they use in lessons. From a teachers point of view it's quite handy in the sense that they can email you what they've done at the end of each lesson. I use my iPad for note taking sometimes. I use pages nowadays but to be honest even the notes app that comes on the iPad is good enough.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I have a friend who uses a surface for notes..
Xiomara
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I have a Surface which comes to college with me but I don't use it for note taking. It's easier for me to use a pen and paper to draw diagrams etc. The Surface has good inbuilt voice recognition but you'd find more note apps on an iPad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How was the OCR A-level Geography Paper 1 exam for you?

Great! (10)
15.38%
Quite well (30)
46.15%
Not so good (16)
24.62%
Terrible! (9)
13.85%

Watched Threads