Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    when you just sit up looking into the sky the clouds move - is that us spinning on our axis and they stay in kinda the same spot, or do they move as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    when you just sit up looking into the sky the clouds move - is that us spinning on our axis and they stay in kinda the same spot, or do they move as well?
    of course they move as well.

ReputationRep:
    lol ofcourse clouds move as well, wind exists you no

ReputationRep:
    amazing thing...wind.

ReputationRep:
    both

ReputationRep:
    clouds are great, makes you feel you are floating when you watch them lying down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    both
    We are moving (earth) rotating round the sun, it is the sun isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I've sounded really silly havn;t I? I'm not completely stupid, was just wondering lol :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've sounded really silly havn;t I? I'm not completely stupid, was just wondering lol :cool:
    sounds a perfectly normal thing to wonder to me....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Clouds are pretty... except when they rain on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Clouds are pretty... except when they rain on you.
    wow so many posts have been deleted! my post count has decreased by about 80!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    clouds are great, makes you feel you are floating when you watch them lying down
    It makes me feel dizzy

ReputationRep:
    the forces of nature have no pity. Don't know why i said that, but i did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    We are moving (earth) rotating round the sun, it is the sun isn't it?
    yup, earth rotates every 24 hours on its axis which has a slant of 23.5 degrees- which is why we get seasons when we orbit the sun once every 365 1/4 days (approx).

ReputationRep:
    if it was due to the spin of the earth wouldn't that mean clouds would have to travel at the same speed in the same direction all the time?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.