This discussion is closed.
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i now have the right dates for all this loan application business

the LEAs (in england and scotland) are aiming to have forms out to all schools by 2nd april

and then you have to send them back in by 2nd july

we had ours last week, and my god, they're gonna take more than 2 months to fill in - they're so confusing!!!!!

and i have a question - we had this man from the LEA talking to us last week and when it came to tuition fees, the university of buckingham had fees of like £2705 instead of the normal £1150. so...why?!?!

teamvillage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sparkler)
and i have a question - we had this man from the LEA talking to us last week and when it came to tuition fees, the university of buckingham had fees of like £2705 instead of the normal £1150. so...why?!?!

AFAIK because Buckingham is a private University, so receives less (no?) Government funding. Hence the reliance on overseas students.
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ok

1. what the hell is AFAIK???

2. thank you for answering my question!!!

teamvillage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
AFAIK = As far as I know!!
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've just got the form and it looks awful and too thick .

At least we only get one form, I heard it used to be 2.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't have the form yet but i'm not looking forward to filling it in. I don't think i'm entitled to any grants
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got mine and in spite of having the notes and two booklets they are still blooming confusing and extremely lengthy!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am applying for none income assessed support, cos that is easier and my dad earns too much anyway so i would only get the minimum- this way i still get the minimum but only have to fill in a few sections of the form i have to hand it in in april tho...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (264)
46.56%
Take exams next summer (78)
13.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (121)
21.34%
Apply to uni next year instead (60)
10.58%
I'm not applying to university (44)
7.76%

Watched Threads