The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Sutton Bonnington

Anyone going to live in bonnington halls this sept? What do people think of the accommodation? Anyone be able to she'd some more light to life in Sutton Bonnington? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Depending on how much money I can save up between now and September I may. Oh and of course assuming I don't screw up my exams! :tongue:

Don't know anything else about it, other than the road you have to turn off to get there is a pain in the arse unless there's another route!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've been before and am going on a ucas day on the 30th sept, it is such a lovely campus, accommodation is lush and the facilities are amazing! What will you be studying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Sounds good!
I'll be doing Applied Biology all going well! I haven't been able to look round as it was rather a last minute application about two weeks ago so I only got an offer last week.

So what subject will you be doing?
Reply 4
It is so nice, I'm doing bsc animal science and going into the standard non ensure rooms (hopefully) just counting down now :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a cheeky look at Bonnington halls today, you'll be fine - they're lovely!
Reply 6
I'm intrigued! I'll have to take a peek at some point. Never heard uni accommodation described as 'lovely' before! When I originally went, (I'm one of those odd 'mature' folk! :wink:) we had a leaky roof at times, not enough fridges and only one modern plug in each bedroom! And this was only 7 years ago!
Reply 7
Woop!
I have a conditional offer for animal science and just from some stuff i read i was worried it was really isolated and the halls wernt nice - so its great to here that someone loved them - would not be a fan of the 25 min bus journey early in the morning :smile:
Reply 8
Heya, I am a student living on SB this year. The halls are lovely, and if there is ever a problem with them, you just tell the office and they fix it straight away. They came and replaced my oven within a day! I have an ensuite room, which is in a corridor with 4 other rooms, and a kitchen. I have previously been in a standard room on SB, which was 8 rooms with 4 shared bathrooms (shower/toilet/sink) and one shared toilet room (just toilet and sink). I never had to wait to use the toilet/shower here. this hall had one kitchen/living room with 2 ovens/hobs/fridges/freezers so there is loads of room for everyone! As far as the campus, I love it. It is a real community, you know everyone (though most not by name). The only problem is it is about 15 miles from Nottingham, so grocery shopping is done online, it is so much easier. But there is a free hopper bus into nottingham, so you can get there for nights out or to go shopping! If you have any questions about SB or nottingham, let me know! :smile:
Reply 9
Oh cool that sounds great what are you studying ? What's the food like :smile:
Reply 10
I'm doing Microbiology. The food... well... lets just say I am going self catered next year... They can occasionally make a decent meal, but it is rare. Unfortunately all first years have to go part-catered, which is stupid... It isn't horrendous, it just isn't nice... :P
Reply 11
I'm still waiting to apply for accommodation. Going to be studying biotechnology from September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hello!

Doing animal science in September applied for accommodation on Monday how long does it usually take for Notts to get back to you?

ta x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending