Turn on thread page Beta

memory cswk for A2 psych watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey there. need to start my A2 coursework pretty soon and weve been told that the safest option to base it on is memory.i did a primacy and recency effects experiment for my AS coursework and that worked pretty well but im now stuck on what to do it on this time. i dont want it to be too similar to last time - its a bit risky!!!
    so anyone got an good ideas they can suggest?
    mya

ReputationRep:
    what about research into context dependent forgetting?

a hypothetical experiment would be to give participants in both experimental and control groups a piece of paper with a word list on, they would be told to read the words on the list and try and remember them. then cover the word list up and get them to try and recall as many words as possible on a seperate sheet of paper.

the dependent variable would be the colour of the sheets of paper. e.g experimental group are given blue paper with the word list on and white paper to write the recalled words on, while the control group are given blue paper in both cases. you should find that the control group which has both sheets of blue paper will do better and recall more words as the context (e.g colour of paper) will aid their recall.

it's a pretty basic idea, but i got full marks when i did mine so providing you include enough theory you should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    my friend is doing this thing on memory too, amazing that we cant memorize more than 7 random unlinked unrelated words and recall them back or something

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.