Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find that doing exercise before sitting down to revise/write an essay makes them concentrate more? I am going to start going running before school because i concentrate way more when I have done some exercise. It seems a bit of an odd theory to me, but it works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Does anyone else find that doing exercise before sitting down to revise/write an essay makes them concentrate more? I am going to start going running before school because i concentrate way more when I have done some exercise. It seems a bit of an odd theory to me, but it works!
    well i went out for one run (yes, one, and I'm proud) was tired when I first got back but did loads of work in the evening! Doesn't it release endorphins which make you feel better? and therefore make you feel a bit more entuned to set your mind to normally boring work?

ReputationRep:
    when me and my best mate get stuck on our homework we go to the gym, and then when we return (after a cup of tea) we find it much easier to concentrate.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Endorphins definately, also i don't worry about the size of my stomach if someone looks at it from the side when i'm sitting down etc when i have been for a run, so I feel inclined to concentrate on something else

ReputationRep:
    Endorphins definately, also i don't worry about the size of my stomach if someone looks at it from the side when i'm sitting down etc when i have been for a run, so I feel inclined to concentrate on something else
    lol, u sound just like me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    lol, u sound just like me!
    Hehe, i think about that a lot because I have to drop a dress size by the leavers ball, i stupidly bought a dress last year when i went on holiday and ate nothing but salad for a few weeks doh!!! I have had to bribe myself with a £500 shopping spree to manage it (shopping spree after dress fits )

ReputationRep:
    I've found that works for me but it depends how much exercise I actually do. Too much and I get too tired to concentrate and just fall asleep!

ReputationRep:
    During revision i wake up at 5 every morning, and do an hours exercise, yoga on video, or aerobics depends what i'm up for. It works so well, cos i'm wide awake for the hour revision before school, i did it today after ages, it was abit tiring cos i havn't done it for months, but you should try it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.