The Student Room Group

I Feel Like My Friends Don't Care About Me

im a 14 year old female and I constantly feel like my friends dont care about me,they say they do but they dont do much to show it i often feel alone because of this,they also say that i should tell them how i feel but when i do they dont want to know at all.

what should i do?
Reply 1
Original post by Ria22
im a 14 year old female and I constantly feel like my friends dont care about me,they say they do but they dont do much to show it i often feel alone because of this,they also say that i should tell them how i feel but when i do they dont want to know at all.

what should i do?

Follow your heart. Don't listen to others x
What makes you feel they don't care? They told you that they do care! Perhaps they have things going on in there life, and when you told them and they didn't seem to care, it was wrong timing! Please don't read to much into, as a teenager I would say at some stage all girls feel like that with there friends. :smile: but if it is serious consider branching out, make other new friends, don't leave the group but meet new people
Reply 3
I was in your position. I'd say have a serious talk with one or two of them which have the most influence in the group, ones you trust the most, and say what you feel and why. If they don't change their behaviour, start making new friends, or distance away from them and hit the books till you change schools. Make friends at clubs/ outside school that you have a better time with. Stay strong. :smile:
Talk to them, on a serious note and tell them how you feel if they don't listen then tell them all to sling their hooks
Original post by Ria22

what should i do?

Hey! You in year 10? :smile: I always feel like that :/ It sucks, but I always like to think it's a phase :smile: If they really don't want to listen, then sod them I say! Though they probably do care but may have a lot going on in their lives?
Reply 6
why do you feel like they don't care about you? are they leaving you out, not talking to you, like what makes you think they don't care??
I find that girls can be really weird in terms of friendship, has something happened that would make them jealous or...??
Don't let it get to you, in all honesty things will get better!!
If you talk to them they'll understand, they might not even know you feel this way!!
Original post by Ria22

what should i do?

Why does age have relevance? It happens to everyone :smile:. They do seem to care about you as they even say that you should tell them when your lonely.. maybe try and it do it at a time when they aren't busy... so they can concentrate on you more.
Reply 8
Original post by salmon-aiman
Hey! You in year 10? :smile: I always feel like that :/ It sucks, but I always like to think it's a phase :smile: If they really don't want to listen, then sod them I say! Though they probably do care but may have a lot going on in their lives?

Yeah i am! and they all say whats wrong with them to us and if they do feel upset i will comfort them,but they know what i've been through and why i dont tell people things and they understand that.
Reply 9
Original post by nataliehstudent
What makes you feel they don't care? They told you that they do care! Perhaps they have things going on in there life, and when you told them and they didn't seem to care, it was wrong timing! Please don't read to much into, as a teenager I would say at some stage all girls feel like that with there friends. :smile: but if it is serious consider branching out, make other new friends, don't leave the group but meet new people

That may be true but when i meet knew people it takes time to get to know them and begin to trust again thats why i prefer to just talk to my friends
Reply 10
Original post by igloo1
I was in your position. I'd say have a serious talk with one or two of them which have the most influence in the group, ones you trust the most, and say what you feel and why. If they don't change their behaviour, start making new friends, or distance away from them and hit the books till you change schools. Make friends at clubs/ outside school that you have a better time with. Stay strong. :smile:

i tried doing that last week and it made some difference but i still feel like an outsider but our friendship is getting better but its nowhere near perfect,thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by mcdermie
why do you feel like they don't care about you? are they leaving you out, not talking to you, like what makes you think they don't care??
I find that girls can be really weird in terms of friendship, has something happened that would make them jealous or...??
Don't let it get to you, in all honesty things will get better!!
If you talk to them they'll understand, they might not even know you feel this way!!

They are leaving me out and they dont want to listen to me, one of them recently said behind my back that i act like im bipolar but i forgave her. im beginning to think that im too generous to them,and no, i doubt that they would ever be jealous of me.Thank you i will try to talk to them about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending