Catalan Midget
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
So what options did you do? I was really disapointed not to find any question specifically on Lenin. Since he wasn't in Paper 2 i was really hoping that there would be something about him or something...Nevertheless the question for russia 1917-1928 was good!

Long and short term causes of the february Russian revoultion 1917
For what reasons and in what ways was a marxist/communist state set up in russia from 1918-1928?
Why did the nationalists win in the Spanish Civil War (i had gone over this one that same morning!!)

by far my best paper!
prettyp
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i did the feb/march rev q
the hitler and mussolini foreign policies...
andd the league
for foreign policies can someone tell me what the differences were !? because i could only see similarities between hitler and mussolini

for the league ...what exactly were they asking?! our whole class found that a bummer..and everyone talked about something different... :eek:
when they said foundations..i jus talked about its link to Versailles and then i just went on to "assess" each success in the 1920s...
what did others do?
johang
Report 15 years ago
I agree, this was much easier than paper 1 and 2.
I did the question of weaknesses of Austria, the one on Bismarck and the comparison of Hitler and Mussolini.

I was a bit disappointed that you could answer the topic 7 question with topic 6 knowledge since I had done topic 7 on my own, outside of class. But it was a good question though.

When I did the one on Mussolini and Hitler, I had just a little time left so I kind of stressed through it. But some of the differences I found was that Hitler had some kind of plan behind his actions while Mussolini just had the aim of making Italy, Great respected and feared and Mussolini being more opportunistic and caring a lot about prestige etc. But they have a lot of similarities too.
I really can't remember what I wrote though, I was so stressed... It felt like the two and a half hours went way too fast. I can't believe that some people actually left early!

Psychology on tuesday, I can't wait...
Catalan Midget
Rep:
?
oh also, french rev and bismark questions were GREAT, but the weeks before teh exam i decided to risk it and learn only 20th century...sort of regret it for the French Revoultion one since it was easy as hell
saray
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by prettyp)
for foreign policies can someone tell me what the differences were !? because i could only see similarities between hitler and mussolini
Took that one too...i wrote for example that a difference was that Hitler was more aggressive in his foreign policy; ex. revising the terms of the Versailles Treaty, rearmament etc., while Mussolini took a more diplomatic stand initially, having cordial Anglo-French relations.
endemonida
Report 15 years ago
I found it nasty to combine questions - like for the 1848-49 revolutions, and putting A II and A III in one question.

did the long term and short term causes of the Russian Revolution,
"compare the policies of Alexander II and Alexander III"
and effect of the Cold War on economic development in Western Europe.
Catalan Midget
Rep:
?
my friend studied A II "reform and reaction" but he knew nothing of A III...no need to mention he was pissed beyond belief!
drux88
Report 15 years ago
i did the league question.. i challenged the quesiton and tlaked aobut how its success were obvershadowed by its failures.. then i did feb/march revolution and ital unification question which i think was pretty tricky and im nto sur i did well on... but meh wqat can we do now... personally i didint find the exam easy...
endemonida
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Catalan Midget)
my friend studied A II "reform and reaction" but he knew nothing of A III...no need to mention he was pissed beyond belief!
me too. I only knew that A III undid as much as he could his fathers' reforms and in general was his opposite: an anti-semitic, pan-slavic, imperialistic, autocratic repressive freak. ...although he helped liberate my country from Ottoman rule, so I should perhaps be thankful (:
gaelle000
Report 15 years ago
i actually thought it was a bit ... odd. i eventually found 3 questions i could answer (the one about Bismarck and the "great questions of the day" or something, the causes of the feb/march russian revolution and Brezhnev domestic and foreign policy) but i dunno, our class found it difficult to find 3 good questions that we had covered. probably because we did cover french rev or much of the 19th century, so the first 6/7 questions were out.
i dunno, i managed and the questions i did do were easy, so i did fine, but it was a bit iffy.
afoneleri
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
argh, I found this one horrible! I answered the russian revolution, effect of 1914-1921 on civilian populations and Spanish civil war questions, but I had to struggle to find three.

My teacher, I feel, didn't prepare us all that well. We only did 20th century, and most of the questions were really awkward for what we'd studied.

I can only hope that my grades on the other two papers and on the internal assessment will pull me up...
senab
Report 15 years ago
I did the League Question: basically I just talked about it's failures (like Alysinnia and Manchuria) and problems (such as no USSR / USA) and linked into as the main cause of the WW2.

I also did the Russian Rev question (easy), and the question about the cold war's effect on europe's recovery after ww2 (tricky).
baghee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wasn't the League question about its successes? :confused: I remember I wanted to do it, and then I realized that I don't know enough about its successes to be able to answer in enough detail...

ANyway, I did Austria (easy), Feb/March Revolutions (ok), and unification of Italy.

I am so happy I'm HL now! This paper was so much easier than 1 and 2.
Peter The Magnificient
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by prettyp)
i did the feb/march rev q
the hitler and mussolini foreign policies...
andd the league

for the league ...what exactly were they asking?! our whole class found that a bummer..and everyone talked about something different... :eek:
when they said foundations..i jus talked about its link to Versailles and then i just went on to "assess" each success in the 1920s...
what did others do?
I took the same questions, plus the third bull****ting about WWI effects on UK civil life.

I found it hard to see differences too, so i just kinda put up different interpretations of their aims, you know this orthodox, revisionist views etc that gave me some material to process. Dont know exactly wether they will consider everything i wrote relevant though.

As for the league... i was kinda surprised they only put "success" up, and not failures as well. So i spent a little more on the successes, but listed the failures anyway. As for foundations to be safe i spoke about origins and stucture of the organisation.

I find it funny we have 2 hours to write an english essay but only 2.5 to write 3 history essays! Gosh the handwriting got sacrificed in favour of the content, hope they can read the mess!
enable
Report 15 years ago
They asked about the League's success, not in particular its successes and failure. I think it was more about evaluation of its work overall. Well I hope so
racingracer
Report 15 years ago
Yea your right! That L of N's question asked something like state how it was founded and JUST the successes of the League from 1920 to 1935. I also did the one Cold War question which gave a quote asking whether or not the Cold War helped or hindered the economic reconstruction after the Cold War. and finally i did a question that was comparing Marxism/Communism government in Russia...Over all I was very happy with this paper 3...I hope you all did just a fine as well...

RacingRacer
prettyp
Report 15 years ago
ok this sux...ive obviosly seriusly messed upp..the league q from paper 3 aswell as the cold war q from paper 2
does ne 1 knw wht the boundaries are...?:confused:
i mean i knw i got a 6 on my intl assessment...i think i pulled off a 6 in paper 1..
but then ther's paper 2 in which i think i got a 14 for one essay and like an 10 on the other essay ...
in paper 3 i think i got a 12 12 12 ...
so is that a 5 or a 6 overall?
sooo srry to b babbling and being all paranoid ..but im seriosly starting to doubt if ill make my predictions :eek: !
Honzan
Report 15 years ago
it's definitely a 6
kw10
Report 15 years ago
Overall I felt that Paper 3 wasn't as hard as I expected.

~League of Nations question: pretty easy. It said something like evaluate its success so I talked some about its successes & basically said that they were minor disputes between minor countries. Then I talked about some of its failures & said that overall it failed its original goal (collective security) The time frame seemed weird: 1920-1935? why not make it go through 1939? But anyway there was still plenty to talk about.

~ Italian unification: the question was a bit unusual but I think it went OK

~ Spanish civil war - strange I ended up doing this topic for both Paper 2 & Paper 3. The questions on both papers seemed fairly straightforward.
Peter The Magnificient
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
L. of nations question: the up to 1935 perhaps was set so we could leave out the mess about its failures when key nations started to exit the league? Anyway, i wrote in my conclusion they contributed a lot to the UN system and labeled it "its main success". Hope it works
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (6)
8.45%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
70.42%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (10)
14.08%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (4)
5.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.41%

Watched Threads