Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fred has the right idea. As long as you know the value of money credit cards are fine. They can be particularly useful at the start of terms as the bills pile up, and you may not have enough money to be able to use a debit card. Using a credit card is easy, and you just have one bill a month to take care of, and you can pay most of them online - easy!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    But yeah - resist credit card debt at all costs. I got through uni with my credit card fine but then spent 9 months after graduation getting paid peanuts while having to pay for all the things that come along with being a grown up....my credit card debt got up to £2000 at that point....2 yrs of a £20k job later and I've still got £500 left to pay on it

ReputationRep:
    You are so wise

Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.