The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't count your chickens yet, that's only a raw mark. It could well increase or decrease when it's translated into UMS, but I'd say you're looking at a comfortable A there.

My trachers, however, haven't told us our marks. I'm not sure they've even graded the projects yet.
our teacher says he cant give us our mark for the coursework...really annoying
Reply 3
oh right....yea, i shouldnt get too excited yet! How comfortable would you say it is into an A? I worked it out to be 83% in raw marks, so would the percentage in UMS be greater than this? I really hope so, because at AS level, im on like 81%...so just on an A!!
Reply 4
I don't know. The examiners' report from last year might give you some idea, but since the boundaries change year-by-year it's not a concrete result
Reply 5
I got my coursework last week as well..n I got 56 out of 65..I guess it should be an A..=P..Hope I can do better in CPT4 and 5...=P
Reply 6
congratz mate...lol, i hope i can do better aswell...but we havent learnt anything from our teacher!!! Not because he's a bad teacher, but because he just hasnt done anything about teaching us!! Also, the book looks soooo big to read, i dont know what to do!! Are there any books or anything you read or revise from for AQA Computing...?
Reply 7
hey i got 59/65.......but i had no idea that the marks could be shifted
Reply 8
everyone did sooo better than me!! :frown: but iz coz my teacher has a grude against me, since he was explaining something, and i said thats wrong...and it was wrong...but still, he doesnt like me now !! Anyways, yea i heard that examiners can alter the marks if they feel the need to, however, I think it's only when there are drastic differences between the mark you recieved and the mark you should have got....
Reply 9
heyi just go my result too!! I got.....

Wait for it,.........

57/65!!!

Im really happy. But a teeny weeny bit dissapointed. I did loads of work and i thought i could have gotrten close to full marks. Oh well...

Wiz
Reply 10
i got around 50, my teacher said it was a B which is what i wantd to im happy!
Reply 11
congratulations :smile: thats what i thought wizard, i did everything required to good standard, and even did some more stuff that wasnt required ... !!
Reply 12
Singh_87
congratz mate...lol, i hope i can do better aswell...but we havent learnt anything from our teacher!!! Not because he's a bad teacher, but because he just hasnt done anything about teaching us!! Also, the book looks soooo big to read, i dont know what to do!! Are there any books or anything you read or revise from for AQA Computing...?

precisely...which book r u using? Is it the one by heathcote?...I think CPT4 and CPT5 are so much thicker than AS ones.. I guess I am gonna buy a study guide as well...
Reply 13
Well for CPT6 .. Apparently i managed to pull of a 'B' Hardest coursework ive done in my life so far. Not quite sure what the mark is tho .. he refuses to tell me :frown: which i guess is a bit anoying .. But cant get too happy because the mark may well go up or down .. looks like a process of sit and wait.

How did others find this project.. by far the toughest project ive done ever
Reply 14
the task isnt hard...it's how hard you make the project yourself....you get to choose the problem, and if it is atleast of a certain amount of difficulty then you can do whatever you like...i agree though, there is quite alot of write up stuff that you have to do which is tiring!!!

And to Euniceee, Im using Ray Bradley's Study Guide which is hugeeeee and not brilliant at explaining!
Singh_87
oh right....yea, i shouldnt get too excited yet! How comfortable would you say it is into an A? I worked it out to be 83% in raw marks, so would the percentage in UMS be greater than this? I really hope so, because at AS level, im on like 81%...so just on an A!!

I recall that for an A last year, mark wise, you need 50+/65. Although I think this can change. Your CPT6 grade will be dependant on the UMS marks for the coursework and the overall A Level grade is dependant on the UMS marks from all 6 computing units.
Reply 16
60 out of 65 for me.

Although my final document is 107 pages, and 26,000 words long, so I think I just brute forced it instead of having any finesse to it!

I'm so glad that's over now, I feel like I've regained a piece of my soul!
King Leigh
60 out of 65 for me.

Although my final document is 107 pages, and 26,000 words long, so I think I just brute forced it instead of having any finesse to it!

I'm so glad that's over now, I feel like I've regained a piece of my soul!

pfff my final write up was over 400 pages.....................:eek:
I'm glad i wont be marking it though
59/65, around 70 pages of which probably the last 10 was coding appendices.

Four...hundred...pages?!?!?!?! :eek:
Reply 19
400? how the hell you manage that, mine was like 65 and i thought that was a lot!

how on earth did you make it 400 pages?

Latest

Trending

Trending