Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's chucking it again!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I'm not in Manchester, but I went on a walk today and it chucked it down. And it was windy. It was kinda fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I'm not in Manchester, but I went on a walk today and it chucked it down. And it was windy. It was kinda fun.
    Yeah sure it is, when it's windy but when still and coming down in buckets and it penetrates thru ur waterproof coat and you steam up it's intolerable.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually glad of it, I've just come back from Edinburgh and the weather is much much warmer in Manchester.

Yes it has been raining but its beening raining since we got to Carlise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I'm actually glad of it, I've just come back from Edinburgh and the weather is much much warmer in Manchester.

Yes it has been raining but its beening raining since we got to Carlise.
    It was even warmer in Bolton when i went 4 a drive 2day...
    But that'll mayb cheer me up..thx

ReputationRep:
    a thread about the weather :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I hate Manchester weather, it's absolutely crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    So another 1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    a thread about the weather :rolleyes:
    Come on it's one of our old traditions!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is the official rainfall statistics only place Manchester as average, it is just a myth that in Manchester it always rains, ok it does always rain but there are other places in the country that rains more.

At least the penines protects us from the bitterly cold eastern wind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    The thing is the official rainfall statistics only place Manchester as average, it is just a myth that in Manchester it always rains, ok it does always rain but there are other places in the country that rains more.

At least the penines protects us from the bitterly cold eastern wind.
    I know it really dissappointed me 2 find out it rains more in Swansea..
    Manchester has 2 be the best or worst 4 something!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I don't know the statistic for my neck of the woods (Northumberland) but I guarantee this is the windiest place in the entire universe.
    That dosn't surprise me, I am not sure the exact geographical reasons of it but I know the only reason its not so windy in places like Manchester, Liverpool and perhaps even Birmingham is the fact the penines protect it.

When I ever I go to Lincoinshire its always very windy, I think in the south east you don't notice as much as its warmer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    So what are you gonna do about it? Sundance perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    I hate all English winter weather Too much rain and misery, not enough snow. Apart from this year, when it's snowed more than it has for the last five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I know it really dissappointed me 2 find out it rains more in Swansea..
    Manchester has 2 be the best or worst 4 something!!!
    Well Manchester did start the industrialisation of the world, and the modern 'club'.

Simplification yes, but there is truth there.

ReputationRep:
    You guys wanna hear about hot weather? Come to my place we are all frying here! >>Nah but seriously its pretty fun. My sister lives in Fullham and she hates the weather over there. Im not too fond of the cold myself, i mean it's what? (checks temp on air conditioner) 22 deg. here in my house where the air con is on and ive got my jacket on. I think i might curl up into a ball when i come over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    You guys wanna hear about hot weather? Come to my place we are all frying here! >>Nah but seriously its pretty fun. My sister lives in Fullham and she hates the weather over there. Im not too fond of the cold myself, i mean it's what? (checks temp on air conditioner) 22 deg. here in my house where the air con is on and ive got my jacket on. I think i might curl up into a ball when i come over there.
    Argh yeah but its Winter over here and its summer in Austrialia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Aint a bad idea you know.. we can migrate to australia in winter !!!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.