The Student Room Group

Cerazette - tired, just started it - your initial experiences?

Hello everyone

See quite a few people have taken this pill.

This is my fourth attempt at a pill and I am petrified - been on three different combined pills and they all caused various symptoms especially mood swings.

I have only taken two pills so far and I feel so tired like really brain fogged, can I expect this to go away? Has anyone out there had symptoms when starting that went away?? If you did have symptoms when did they kick in??

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I've been on Cerazette for about 10 months now and it's been great for me.
At first I remember being a tired and having a couple of headaches but they went within like 2 weeks. It's just cause you're changing the hormone balance in your body. My friend takes it too and she's been pretty much fine on it as well, it just messed up her periods a bit at the beginning. I haven't had a period since I started taking it.

Hopefully it'll be all good for you too :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Ah thanks for your reply!! Hope the tiredness goes away no other symptoms as yet but its horrible to feel so lethargic!! x
Reply 3
Have also been on Cerazette a out 10 months, and no problems for me! I think it has made my skin a bit worse and I have been getting a few more headaches, but nothing I can't deal with! Definitely didn't live up to all the horror stories I read online before hand! And I don't really have proper periods, mostly just spotting and occasionally every few months a really light period but that's it. I am considering changing to the implant, but only because I want something longer term and to put my mind at rest because I have recently missed a couple of pills. But I would highly recommend cerazette, it's been brilliant for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I bled the entire time I was on it and hated it. My skin got quite bad too. Hopefully your experience on it is much better. You do need to give it time for your body to settle down.
I have just started my second month of cerazette, to start with I found it gave me mood swings and also made me VERY spotty. I don't get the mood swings any more and went to the doctors and got some gel for the spots which have now gone completely. I have also not had a period since starting the pill (yay!).
Reply 6
Thanks guys! I have one really horrible spot haha! It's been 4 tablets now mood seems ok less tired but feel like I struggle to breathe!! Just got to ride it out I guess!! X
I've been on cerazette for over a year now. Inititally I suffered from frequent headaches, but after a couple of months they stopped, and I've had no problems since.
I've virtually stopped having periods as a result too - I get occasional light bleeds (at least 3 months apart), which sometimes catch me a little off guard, but its certainly preferable to before.
Reply 8
Is the mini pill actually better than the combined? I find the combined makes it difficult for me to lose weight and makes me bloated, plus decreased sex drive. Thinking of switching.
Reply 9
Hey, I started taking cerezette 5 weeks ago. I started my first pill the first dat of my menstrual cycle.The first week of taking this pill I felt absolutely HELL!! Constant headaches, soo tired just generally feeling awful, that lasted for about a week and a half.. Then when I was due on I started spotting a day before I was actually due on. The spotting lasted around 8 days. I felt fine after that but then onto my second pack I started taking my pill abit later than usual, then I noticed I was feeling sick ALL day long, had cramps, backache, headaches and a real heavy head! The worst feeling!! I've now stopped the pill and instantly feel better!! WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS PILL!! Lol honestly :smile:
Reply 10
Also from the first week I had NO SEX DRIVE.. Terrible mood swings to the point I split up with my boyfriend ( we were perfectly happy beforehand) it made me so irritated and snappy!
I used to be on the combined pill which caused me a lot of problems such as severe depression and constant migraines. I then switched to the mini pill and have a mixed opinion on it...Good:- no period- i normally get BAD period pains which have been significantly reduced... apparently its to do with hormones and contractions etc-my mood has definitely improved in terms of depression-lost half a stoneBad:-ALWAYS tired... its so draining-still get headaches-at first i remember that it significantly reduced my appetite, although this was only temporary, the thought of eating just made me want to be sick-i have absolutely no sex drive... ive been dating guys that i would normally be attracted to but due to my lack of libido im just not interested in anyone. Its highly frustrating. -sometimes, around when i would normally be due on, i get a horrible stabbing pain in my breast which is very uncomfortable. Im arranging a doctors appointment on monday to change to a different contraception because all in all, it really isnt worth it for me. But everyones body responds differently so maybe its worth seeing how you get on :smile:
Original post by polly143
Hello everyone

This is my fourth attempt at a pill and I am petrified - been on three different combined pills and they all caused various symptoms especially mood swings.

I have only taken two pills so far and I feel so tired like really brain fogged, can I expect this to go away? Has anyone out there had symptoms when starting that went away?? If you did have symptoms when did they kick in??

Thanks in advance

I went on this medication and had quite bad symptoms for about twenty days (should have spoken to a GP about it) they went away after then. But I still get mood swings of which I partly blame on the medication. I’m in a good place with it now and haven’t had any problems recently. I’d stick to it unless you get any symptoms that could cause concern (the ones it says you should call your doctor about on the info leaflet). Hope this helped.
Original post by nrp_95
I've been on Cerazette for about 10 months now and it's been great for me.
At first I remember being a tired and having a couple of headaches but they went within like 2 weeks. It's just cause you're changing the hormone balance in your body. My friend takes it too and she's been pretty much fine on it as well, it just messed up her periods a bit at the beginning. I haven't had a period since I started taking it.

Hopefully it'll be all good for you too :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I've been having headaches everyday since i've started the pill last Monday! horrible feeling but hopefully will calm down
Original post by polly143
Hello everyone

Thanks in advance

I've just started taking this pill to on my 9th day! I started having symptoms about 4 days ago? bad headaches, been feeling nauseous a lot but that goes on and off the headaches are constant! and been feeling a little dizzy. I'm gonna keep taking it till the end of this month and see how it goes! No mood swings or decreased sex drive or anything yet! but with the combined, i felt nauseous all the time! horrible mood swings to the point I got depressed and very unmotivated. Hopefully the mini pill is better, fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest