The Student Room Group

Confused about losing my virginity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I read this initially thinking you were female...realise this is not the case now! Anyway, if you feel like you're ready and just want to lose it ASAP then this could be a good opportunity. But if you feel you'd regret it soon after then I wouldn't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I don't have any feelings for her in a relationship sort of way. She is just a friend who I get along well with, she's funny and she's attractive.

I've been thinking it through and read what everyone has said and I think I'm going to go for it. As someone said, you don't get opportunities like this everyday and I'm seeing it as a chance to lose it in a safe environment with someone I can trust rather than some random girl I've picked up on a night out.

Several people have said about waiting for a relationship but I can't see that happening whilst at uni and, with another 4 years left to go here, I'll be mid 20's before I could start to look properly and as someone else said, it starts to weigh on your mind a lot.

Thank you everyone for your input though, now all I've got to do is pluck up the courage to send a message and get over the nerves :tongue:

Do you think if you met a girl, thought she was 'the one', and maybe even was also a virgin, would you wish you waited? If your answer's no then go for it. I don't see why you have to see virginity as something to get rid of though!
Reply 23
Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. If she's a friend and you see her quite a bit, are you sure you're going to be able to accept it for what it is and not get jealous if she's around other guys in the future? You seem to like her and she seems nice, but if you've been waiting for a relationship you're more likely to get feelings than her and it's really not worth it if it's not going to go any further.
I would do it. Ftr I'm a girl. Unluckily, no-one's offering :sad:

Same here. And I'm a girl.

Story of my life.
Reply 25
Original post by Pride

What I'm saying is that sex is best done within a relationship.
I totally disagree.
Reply 26
Hi all

Basically a few weeks ago I was at a club, was horrendously drunk and was chatting to a girl a few years ahead of me on my course (She's a friend but not a close one). It turns out I told her I was a virgin and had never even kissed a girl before and she then promised me that she would sleep with me if I wanted to. I thought she would have forgotten all this due to her being quite drunk as well but she remembered it all. Last night we were out again and ended up kissing several times briefly before telling me that she would keep her promise if I wanted to but she said that she wanted me sober. She told me to just send her a message when I wanted to and that was it for the night. She does have a reputation for sleeping with quite a few guys but the way she is treating this makes it seem like she wants it to be something good for me and not just a shag for her, I don't know.

I originally wanted to lose my virginity in a relationship but university circumstances mean that this is awkward and I'm considering just saying screw-it, and not making a big deal out of losing it but am getting confused. One friend is saying to just go for it, the other isn't keen and thinks I can do better. Any thoughts?

I would definitely take this offer if I were you!
I think it's a perfect opportunity. She seems like she's doing it for your sake and it's not just another shag, plus you guys are friends anyway so it won't have the awkwardness of a ONS. You'll be able to speak to each other about what you might like or not like.

Everyone saying you should wait for a relationship just has the idea that virginity is this amazingly special thing that should be shared between lovers. That's all very nice but the reality is most people who lose their virginity in a relationship will at some point break up with that person anyway. So essentially it doesn't matter how you do it or who you do it with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending