Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    work experience tomoro for 2 weeks at virgin megastores - SCARED!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    don't be scared, should be fun. Gotta be better than school/college! I wish I'd had the chance to go on work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Just smile lots, don't be afraid to ask relevant questions and learn where they keep the teabags!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    I wish I'd had the chance to go on work experience.
    Yeah, I've not had any either. Apart from my years of helping out at a stable yard, which totally doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    I got some bargains in the Virgin Megastore in Edinburgh as manc indie dosn't seem to sell that well over there, although the manager complimented me on my choice of music which was a first!

As for you work experience I am sure they will be perfectly nice to you.

ReputationRep:
    I thought all schools organised work experience during year 10 or 11?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Mine does but ours has to be in the summer holidays sigh...

ReputationRep:
    mine did, but they also organised foreign language trips for that week, and my german trip clashed with it - it was a choice of holiday for a week or work. bit poo in a way, as I'd have liked the experience.

ReputationRep:
    I was educated at home up until sixth form, so I've not had any

ReputationRep:
    Just find some places you would like to do some work experience and write off lots of letters! I did some with school in year 10, but organised 3 weeks in various solicitors firms myself during the summer between AS and A2.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I honestly thought this thread was dedicated to me for a moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    lol, I honestly thought this thread was dedicated to me for a moment
    i did 2 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i did 2 lol

Yeah londongirl, this thread is just plain misleading

ReputationRep:
    work experience is great, sooooo much better than school but I suppose it depends on who you're working with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    work experience is great, sooooo much better than school but I suppose it depends on who you're working with
    I worked at a city centre bank, but it was a really posh fancy new plaza thing and was all really advanced and modern.

The birds at the bank were fine as well, always an added bonus.

ReputationRep:
    When I did W.E at a call centre, me and four others were shown around this large building. The guide took each person to an office (except me) and walked off. I was left alone and had to ask random strangers where I was meant to be. Nobody seemed to know who I was or what I was doing there. After wasting half the day there, I eventually found another student and spent the day following him around.

I didn't bother with the second week and nobody seemed to notice. I had 10 days written down on my form and I received the Trident certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Hai grrl
    How are u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    When I did W.E at a call centre, me and four others were shown around this large building. The guide took each person to an office (except me) and walked off. I was left alone and had to ask random strangers where I was meant to be. Nobody seemed to know who I was or what I was doing there. After wasting half the day there, I eventually found another student and spent the day following him around.

I didn't bother with the second week and nobody seemed to notice. I had 10 days written down on my form and I received the Trident certificate.
    THis sounds like my work experience. I kept doing half days as I actually fell asleep on the table for almost all of the days. My teacher came in to see how I was doing 3 times, all 3 times, I wasnt there

ReputationRep:
    My Mate works at a plce like that Called Sanity, and he went insane becuase all they played while he was at work was Robbie WIlliams.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest you have it easy i had to do work experience at an infant school and you think the kids would be sweet and innocent but oh no its completely the opposite!!!!
    lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.