10) HL Philosophy

This is just a guess, so feel free to post your opinion
Advertisement
username1131258
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't speak for HL Geography and Philosophy, but I think your list is pretty much spot on. Some would argue English Lit should go right to the top of the list, because it is so notoriously hard to get a 7 in. Personally, I would switch Chemistry to 4th place, and bump English Lit up to 3rd for that reason. With Chemistry, once you've mastered the important concepts in each topic and practiced, its all about making sure everything stays in your head.
.Jo.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you go here you can look at the IB statistical bulletin, and it actually tells you what percentage of people got 7s in each subject (it's page 28-34).

Suprisingly, HL Math has 9% of students getting a 7, whereas HL Philosophy only has 4%.
fairisle13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd swap History and English Lit, but it depends what your first language is I suppose.
AryanK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well darn. I need 7s in both HL math and HL physics for my uni offer. I'm doomed. :h:

I also think getting a 7 in history HL is really difficult. It deserves to be at least in top 5 on the list.
Advertisement
teddypicker1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You basically have to be Socrates to get a 7 in philosophy HL, no joke! That is taken from experience as I am doing it now and scraping a 6..
I would agree with eng lit as well, although I'm not great tbh and I got 7's in some of the mocks and in my IOP, but I think thats the school being overly generous unfortunately...
mcdermie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History and Philosophy for sure.
And maths of course but that will obviously be hard!!
Advertisement
alicialouisex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
HL Physics is hard but the grade boundaries are quite low. In fact, between 20 -30% of IB students get a 7. HL Chemistry is easier but the grade boundaries are high-ish.
overloaded
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
getting a 7 in HL visual arts is really hard too, i think it should be on the list. And honestly never do what i am dong now HL visual arts takes away all ur time HL maths and physics will kill you so basically you become a zombie
Advertisement
Jasonkerr69
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=Coke1;41619663]I would guess2) HL Physics the order to go like this, but I would like other opinions

In order of difficulty to get a 7 in:

1) HL Maths
3) HL Chemistry
4) HL English Lit
5) HL Biology
6) HL French, German, Spanish etc etc
7) HL History
8) HL Economics
9) HL Geography
10) HL Philosophy

This is just a guess
Jasonkerr69
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
HL Maths
HL Physics
HL Chemistry
HL History
HL Geography
HL Art
HL Economics
Advertisement
mcdermie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would definitely say higher economics is harder than higher geography

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
dbmag9
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's been ages since I did the IB, but I thought Physics was pretty revisable. There's a lot to revise, to be sure, but I remember it being just a matter of getting the content down rather than conceptual trouble. Maths was maybe a bit harder on the conceptual front (for some more than others). Working on exam technique helps a lot with philosophy, but as with any list of this kind the way different subjects compare depends on what you find easier. I didn't do the others on that list, so I've got no idea what they're like. Latin was pretty hard work in terms of the sheer quantity of set text to learn and preparation for the unseen paper.
Advertisement
clairey31
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would definitely say the arts subjects as they're so subjective and you can never really know what the examiners going to think of your work. And of course the obvious, maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ivy45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm, I seem to have a very different opinion on this:
1) English lit HL
2) History HL
3) Maths HL
4) Chem HL
5) Physics HL

Like no one at my school has ever gotten a 7 in the 1st two, while plenty have in those below..
AquisM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mine goes like this

1) Maths HL
2) Eng Lit HL
3) Visual Arts HL
4) History HL
5) Geography HL
6) Economics HL
7) Physics HL
8) Chemistry HL

Obviously, not having taken half the list, some of the positions are estimated from what I hear from people. My HLs are Maths, Chem and Phys by the way.
sailormouse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This very much depends on one's capability of the subject For instance I find it very hard to get a high grade in english, but in physics I am fine. See what I mean?
Advertisement
Sic
Badges: 8
Report 7 years ago
My HL's were Chem, Bio, English B and History.

After a while I simply had to switch History to SL. For me it was the worst HL by far.
Like, for Bio and Chem I know if I work, I get a 7.

For History... it's just soOoOo changeable. :rolleyes:
Giveme45
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wonder why noeone mentioned

SL FURTHER MATHS
username948920
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Giveme45)
Wonder why noeone mentioned

SL FURTHER MATHS
Not HL.
It isn't as hard as HL Maths with 2nd HL science/HL History I hear as you get more timetabled lessons & 1 less subject. That's what FMers say but to the sane human being, SL FM is for the geniuses of this world.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads