Watch
This discussion is closed.
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
eh? There is only one world wide web, www1, is used as an addressing system and its not common.
http://www2.google.com

http://www3.google.com
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Well yeah, but was hoping you'd have a definition I didn't know about

'The Internet' is just the biggest version of 'an internet', i.e. an internetwork.
Ahh yes, that's it.
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i was amazed when i first found out that the concept of the internet first came about in the late 50's early 60's
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
i was amazed when i first found out that the concept of the internet first came about in the late 50's early 60's
Some of the TCP/IP algartihims(sp) were invented in the 1950's however it wasn't until the 1960's the internet was properly invented with Arpranet for the US miltery. The queen sent her first email in 1972.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Some of the TCP/IP algartihims(sp) were invented in the 1950's however it wasn't until the 1960's the internet was properly invented with Arpranet for the US miltery. The queen sent her first email in 1972.
what an interesting email that could be
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there is a bit of debate about who actually invented the internet tho isnt there?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*algorithms
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
*algorithms
annoying!
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh yeh, how was ure weekend in edinburgh AT??
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
At one time all proper nouns would have been capitalised.
tommorris
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
there is a bit of debate about who actually invented the internet tho isnt there?
That is because, like many great inventions, it was lots of little inventions and ideas that all seemed to have emerged. The Internet didn't just suddenly spring in to existence, but evolved from ARPANET, MILNET and the NSFNet, plus all the different services that ran on them. Hence the 'network of networks'.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
7.85%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (42)
7.85%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (128)
23.93%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.64%
No, nothing has changed (165)
30.84%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (85)
15.89%

Watched Threads