Turn on thread page Beta

How many world wide webs are there? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    eh? There is only one world wide web, www1, is used as an addressing system and its not common.
    http://www2.google.com

http://www3.google.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Well yeah, but was hoping you'd have a definition I didn't know about

'The Internet' is just the biggest version of 'an internet', i.e. an internetwork.
    Ahh yes, that's it.

ReputationRep:
    i was amazed when i first found out that the concept of the internet first came about in the late 50's early 60's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i was amazed when i first found out that the concept of the internet first came about in the late 50's early 60's
    Some of the TCP/IP algartihims(sp) were invented in the 1950's however it wasn't until the 1960's the internet was properly invented with Arpranet for the US miltery. The queen sent her first email in 1972.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the TCP/IP algartihims(sp) were invented in the 1950's however it wasn't until the 1960's the internet was properly invented with Arpranet for the US miltery. The queen sent her first email in 1972.
    what an interesting email that could be

ReputationRep:
    there is a bit of debate about who actually invented the internet tho isnt there?

ReputationRep:
    *algorithms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    *algorithms
    annoying!

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh, how was ure weekend in edinburgh AT??

ReputationRep:
    At one time all proper nouns would have been capitalised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    there is a bit of debate about who actually invented the internet tho isnt there?
    That is because, like many great inventions, it was lots of little inventions and ideas that all seemed to have emerged. The Internet didn't just suddenly spring in to existence, but evolved from ARPANET, MILNET and the NSFNet, plus all the different services that ran on them. Hence the 'network of networks'.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.