Anna10
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I downloaded Dev Pascal from this site and there is always seems to be something wrong with the Rescourse file when i try and compile it.

This is what it says is wrong - i can never seem to fix it:

cpp: Too many arguments
C:\Dev-Pas\bin\windres: F:\Year 12\Computing\Programming export %usage\Rsrc.rc:1: parse error

It states that the file is from F: which is my USB key but i actually opened it from my C: drive!!

Please Help! - this is a lil urgent as it is for my courswork!!!!
fuzelogik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It looks like Dev-Pascal isn't putting quotation marks around the file name, which makes windres choke (understandably). Try moving your project (or at least, the resource script) to a directory without any spaces: e.g. C:\ProjRes

Either that, or see if there are any settings to change the format that windres.exe is invoked; if there are, put quotation marks around the token that represents the name of the resource script.
Anna10
Whar does this mean??

C:\Dev-Pas\bin\windres: can't open icon file `DISCARDABLE"C:/Development/Dev-Pas/Icons/Mainicon.icon"': Invalid argument
fuzelogik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It looks like you resource script is messed up. Could you post the contents of it here? Enclose it with code tags:

Code:
like this
It's probably easier to fix it by hand.
Anna10
Ok well the whole resource problem is fixed now - not sure how but it is thanks for the help.

But...

now i have done the code and it says:

Fatalnexpected end of line

Where the last thing is : end.

It doesnt like it being a full stop at the end but it doesnt like a semi colon either???
Help!
fuzelogik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've never coded in Pascal for more than a day, but I seem to remember there are three 'end' statements. Can you paste the part of the source code that the error occurs in? (the whole function that the error occurs in would be great).

Once we can see the context of the error, it should be a lot easier to fix.
imanewbie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can you give the tutorial i act dont understand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads