Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    i aint that clever you know, thery are millions of ppl who are much clever then me,
    Ain't isn't a word.. Its slang, and it makes you sound uneducated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    It maybe their RIGHT to believe what they want - but I can also express my belief that it is unfounded...

Also - the fact is that people DONT keep their views personal - they try to influence other people's lives because of it - eg the Vatican campaigning for abortion bans... or against contraception

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT THE BELIEFS THAT THEY FOUND THIS ON HAVE NO BASIS
    Considering I absolutely DETEST the Vatican and all of their values/beliefs.. I tend to agree with you on that. But I have never tried influencing your personal views. I believe that it is every person's right to have their own beliefs and they may voice them if they choose to.. but it is also everyone elses job to accept that the other person feels this way and not try to influence them in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    Ain't isn't a word.. Its slang, and it makes you sound uneducated.
    well, its better to sound stupid and be clever rather than to sound clever and be stupid

ReputationRep:
    well, its better to sound stupid and be clever rather than to sound clever and be stupid
    And how would that happen?

ReputationRep:
    Both athiesm and theism are faith beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivideByZero)
    Both athiesm and theism are faith beliefs.
    Really? YA THINK?

ReputationRep:
    Really? YA THINK?
    Yes, so why believe?

By the way, 'YA' isn't a word. Its slang, and it makes you sound uneducated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivideByZero)
    Yes, so why believe?

By the way, 'YA' isn't a word. Its slang, and it makes you sound uneducated.
    I know that, but its no where NEAR as bad as "ain't."... here we have a name for someone who says ain't.. and thats HICK! or more often called.. a redneck!

ReputationRep:
    Considering I absolutely DETEST the Vatican and all of their values/beliefs.. I tend to agree with you on that. But I have never tried influencing your personal views. I believe that it is every person's right to have their own beliefs and they may voice them if they choose to.. but it is also everyone elses job to accept that the other person feels this way and not try to influence them in any way.
    Well - I don't try to covnert people - I like to understand and probe at the logic of their beleifs so that maybe they can show me how worthy religion is and I can find all the happiness they harp on about

ReputationRep:
    Well - I don't try to covnert people - I like to understand and probe at the logic of their beleifs so that maybe they can show me how worthy religion is and I can find all the happiness they harp on about
    Yes but you question their faith.. and that is one of the reasons arguments start. You should be accepting to the fact that people will ALWAYS disagree on religion or lack there-of.. it is human nature. It cannot be prevented but could it not be lessened?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you question their faith.. and that is one of the reasons arguments start. You should be accepting to the fact that people will ALWAYS disagree on religion or lack there-of.. it is human nature. It cannot be prevented but could it not be lessened?
    Not at all - Im telling them why I think their faith is unfounded - I would love to be proven wrong. If they have no wish to discuss it - I dont force them.

Also I firmly beleive that people who dont question their own beleifs are dangerous to us all

ReputationRep:
    Not at all - Im telling them why I think their faith is unfounded - I would love to be proven wrong. If they have no wish to discuss it - I dont force them.

Also I firmly beleive that people who dont question their own beleifs are dangerous to us all
    I know I question my beliefs.. but sometimes its hard for a person to justify to another what they believe.. Sometimes its just hard to put into words what one feels because they can never fully transfer the emotions they feel to another person who may feel them differently or not at all.. if that makes any sense to you.

ReputationRep:
    I know I question my beliefs.. but sometimes its hard for a person to justify to another what they believe.. Sometimes its just hard to put into words what one feels because they can never fully transfer the emotions they feel to another person who may feel them differently or not at all.. if that makes any sense to you.
    It makes complete sense - but that doesnt mean peopel can't try. But the thing is people REGULARLY dont see it is a beleif - the see it as cast iron fact. As Maximusmak will show you ... his religious beleifs are to him facts, and as such he feels that those renouncing his religion shoudl be put to death. That is the sort of unfounded thing I am only to happy to question.

ReputationRep:
    It makes complete sense - but that doesnt mean peopel can't try. But the thing is people REGULARLY dont see it is a beleif - the see it as cast iron fact. As Maximusmak will show you ... his religious beleifs are to him facts, and as such he feels that those renouncing his religion shoudl be put to death. That is the sort of unfounded thing I am only to happy to question.
    I understand, but you also have to remember that there are different religions, different beliefs, and ultimately.. different ways in which people worship whichever diety it is that they pray to. So therefore there will always be someone who believes more strongly in worshiping than another...

ReputationRep:
    I know that, but its no where NEAR as bad as "ain't."... here we have a name for someone who says ain't.. and thats HICK! or more often called.. a redneck!
    1stly a AINT no red neck like you and secondly you can't get different levels of slang, and thirdly i dont need to prove im edcated to any1 except those whom im personally know!!!

ReputationRep:
    1stly a AINT no red neck like you and secondly you can't get different levels of slang, and thirdly i dont need to prove im edcated to any1 except those whom im personally know!!!
    lol, oh yeah.. I can tell how "edcated" you are by the way you type! (edUcated.. not edcated)

ReputationRep:
    lol, oh yeah.. I can tell how "edcated" you are by the way you type! (edUcated.. not edcated)
    Oh no children...you're acting like I have been doing lately...immaturely

ReputationRep:
    well if they were not facts to me, then why shall i follow the relgion. in order to follow a relgion with complete honesty and devotion, one should always know what one is commiting themselves too. therefore, if i knew that my religion was false and untrue, i would not follow it. simple as that.

its funny the way you keep talking about killing people, why dont you try and condemn other people who hardley follow their religion, i.e. bush, for killing innocent people (or im sorry, i forgot what you actually belive in, that every1 in the muslim world is a terrorist and therefore should be killed). well, let me tell you this, you not the only 1 to belive that, and i want to ask you, honesty, why is the fastest growing religion ISLAM???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Oh no children...you're acting like I have been doing lately...immaturely
    lol, I have a saying.. and I think I will stick to it now.. "Never argue with an idiot.. people watching may not be able to tell the difference." So I think my argument with him is done.

ReputationRep:
    well if they were not facts to me, then why shall i follow the relgion. in order to follow a relgion with complete honesty and devotion, one should always know what one is commiting themselves too. therefore, if i knew that my religion was false and untrue, i would not follow it. simple as that.

its funny the way you keep talking about killing people, why dont you try and condemn other people who hardley follow their religion, i.e. bush, for killing innocent people (or im sorry, i forgot what you actually belive in, that every1 in the muslim world is a terrorist and therefore should be killed). well, let me tell you this, you not the only 1 to belive that, and i want to ask you, honesty, why is the fastest growing religion ISLAM???

You are the most dim witted dishonest person I have met on here - WHEN DID I EVER SAY ALL MUSLIMS WERE TERRORISTS

Either you should quote me - or retract that, or alternatively look like the liar you are.

And Why should I condemn other people for killing in a discussion we are HAVING ABOUT ISLAM - you think any time I argue against something I have to add EVERY Other example of it around the world? Are you entirely retarded?

And for the record I think Bush is a terrible Christian - but then I think Christianity is ridiculous

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.