The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Lawzzzzzz
Anyoen want to discuss causation?
Its a BITCH of a topic ... and I have to do an exam on it

You better not have killed the thread...
Reply 421
Zapsta
You better not have killed the thread...

Hah .. na ... not at all ... I dont think that we could discuss it anyway ... my brain hurts
Lawzzzzzz
Anyoen want to discuss causation?
Its a BITCH of a topic ... and I have to do an exam on it

explain to me what causation is? :confused:
Lawzzzzzz
Hah .. na ... not at all ... I dont think that we could discuss it anyway ... my brain hurts

Why does it hurt? Did thinking of all those insults to throw at MAX hurt you?? :frown:
Reply 424
Haha, put on Channel 4.
Zapsta
Haha, put on Channel 4.

:confused:
Reply 426
drago di giada
explain to me what causation is? :confused:

Well not to upset Zapsta - but determining legally whether a Defendant's acts have CAUSED the damage that has happened - real problems...

You start off by asking - "but for" the act - would the damage have occured - eg if I had not punched you - would your arm be broken - if yes - then you didnt cause it...

However if say two people shoot someone at the same time - then it gives a false negative - ie - neither is responsible...

There are multifarious issues like that
Reply 427
drago di giada
:confused:

Everyone apart from you :tongue:
Causation: 1.The act or process of causing. 2. Something that effects a cause.
What does that have to do with anything? :confused: :redface:
Lawzzzzzz
Well not to upset Zapsta - but determining legally whether a Defendant's acts have CAUSED the damage that has happened - real problems...

You start off by asking - "but for" the act - would the damage have occured - eg if I had not punched you - would your arm be broken - if yes - then you didnt cause it...

However if say two people shoot someone at the same time - then it gives a false negative - ie - neither is responsible...

There are multifarious issues like that

lol, You are going to make a FANTASTIC lawyer.. you're confusing as hell. :tongue:
Reply 430
drago di giada
Causation: 1.The act or process of causing. 2. Something that effects a cause.
What does that have to do with anything? :confused: :redface:

Well if I do something - like negligently drive into you - I am only liable for the damage that I CAUSE YOU... not that would have happened anyway ... or that had happened... or that will happen
Lawzzzzzz
Well if I do something - like negligently drive into you - I am only liable for the damage that I CAUSE YOU... not that would have happened anyway ... or that had happened... or that will happen

Except nowadays you can be held accountable for.. emotional damage isn't that true? Even if you didn't physically CAUSE the damage by saying something to me, but you did by hitting me.. That is all very confusing.. HENCE THE REASON I AM IN HISTORY CLASSES.. NOT LAW. :biggrin:
Reply 432
drago di giada
Except nowadays you can be held accountable for.. emotional damage isn't that true? Even if you didn't physically CAUSE the damage by saying something to me, but you did by hitting me.. That is all very confusing.. HENCE THE REASON I AM IN HISTORY CLASSES.. NOT LAW. :biggrin:

Ack - emotional damage ! Not in the UK - in the US though yes ... over here you cant be liable for hurting someone's feelings!
Lawzzzzzz
Ack - emotional damage ! Not in the UK - in the US though yes ... over here you cant be liable for hurting someone's feelings!

lol, we are so messed up over here. *rolls eyes*
Reply 434
drago di giada
lol, we are so messed up over here. *rolls eyes*

ahh but good for us lawyers
Lawzzzzzz
ahh but good for us lawyers

lol, snakes come to mind.. :biggrin:
oh and to dispute your theory that Adam is the reason I am the way I am..
heehee.. he is responsible for some.. other things, but not the way I act.
Reply 437
drago di giada
lol, snakes come to mind.. :biggrin:

Oh in the Uk we are more like puppies
Reply 438
drago di giada
oh and to dispute your theory that Adam is the reason I am the way I am..
heehee.. he is responsible for some.. other things, but not the way I act.

Ahh more causation
Lawzzzzzz
Ahh more causation

lol, what do you think I meant?

Latest

Trending

Trending