Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    Some times it takes an athiest to point out mistakes made in a religon(my personal opinion no offence to anyone )
    that is the christian version which is all so divided as you will never find the same bibal in 2 different countries as quoted by a priest in england

Mary was a virgin and did have a son jesus who had no dad this was a mirical shown to people and sadly misinterperted by people by sayin jesus is the son of god but jesus is not the son of god he is a prophet just like moses and muhammed.
    he had a message to deliver to people so they would belive in god he was created fatherless to tell people can't god do anything he wants and make anything happen?
    Jesus had no father just as adam and eve have no parents these are the many mircals of god
    BELIVE
    Christians point to, to pick just 2 examples
    The Baptism of Jesus: "This is my Son. Listen to Him."
    The Transfiguration: "This is my Son, with whom I am well pleased."

It could still be argued that God considered all people to be his children, but "Son" is not used like this for any other prophets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Fair enough. I can respect that, as long as you have the good sense to question it when it goes against logic or common sense. The only people I can't stand are those who keep saying I am going to Hell. I like asking them where that would be. Sounds a nice place to spend a English winter.
    God created hell and left is for 1000 years until it went bloody red, then another 1000 years until it went white, and tehn for another 1000 years until it was black, and it is now as back as night, so do you really want to go there???

ReputationRep:
    Samara and Maximus: Your spelling and (lack of) punctuation makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KandyKane)
    u need to visit a doctor. im sorry aint got any cure 4 yaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Fair enough. I can respect that, as long as you have the good sense to question it when it goes against logic or common sense. The only people I can't stand are those who keep saying I am going to Hell. I like asking them where that would be. Sounds a nice place to spend a English winter.
    lol, I DO question my religion. But then again.. I question petty much everything.. so it works.. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saintsin)
    If Mary is the mother of god but she also carried out the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, Jesus is the son of god but also the brother of god, Jesus mother is his own grandmother if she is gods mother :confused:
    Mary was chosen to bear jesus, but other than that she was no one special and is in no way devine, which was something the catholic church devised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipsCDRW)
    God created Hell out of respect for the many people who don't want to be with him, because they would hate to be trapped in Heaven with him for eternity. Most people don't seem to like God very much, so why would they want to be with him? And I'm not sure about all the spiky burning things that popular culture suggests about Hell. I think people would have as much freedom as they do now to try out different methods of getting satisfaction from existance, and as much success....

As for that stuff about 1000 year this then 1000 year that, God created time, and is outside of time. He created the entire universe in 6 working days, so why would he need 3000 years just to make Hell? And what happened to the people who died while he was making it? If he made it before the Earth, then why? No-one had decided to live without God at that point, so there was no need for Hell.
    How can someone hate God? i mean he created them, looked after them and they return their back on him.

let me ask you this, if i man gave you a tena each time you praised him, thanked him, remembered him, asked for forgiveness from him, will you not do the previous 24/7??? how about God, he gave you the eyes, the ears them mouth , the tongue, your limbs and you have the pride to disrespect him???

as for hell, its still burning till today, i just introduced how he started it, and he created hell before he created man. hell is for thoses who disobey God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    How can someone hate God? i mean he created them, looked after them and they return their back on him.
    Were people given a choice about this? Were they allowed ro ask if they wanted to be created?
    "I, a stranger and afraid,
    In a world I never made"
    Looking after? Pitched in to swim or drown, more like.

let me ask you this, if i man gave you a tena each time you praised him, thanked him, remembered him, asked for forgiveness from him, will you not do the previous 24/7???
    What would you say about a man who demands adoration and beats people up who do not give anything except complete, faithful grovelling devotion, who demanded that we be true sick-hearted slaves and nothing less? Is not such a being insane?
    how about God, he gave you the eyes, the ears them mouth , the tongue, your limbs and you have the pride to disrespect him???
    I used my eyes to look, my ears to hear, my brain [I notice that doesn't matter to you] to think, and I use my mouth and tongue to express my contempt. If god didn't want that, it should have built the world or me otherwise than it did.

as for hell, its still burning till today, i just introduced how he started it, and he created hell before he created man. hell is for thoses who disobey God.
    The French poet also Charles Peguy believed that those who disobeyed god would go to hell forever. He was so sure that this was true that he "disobeyed god" to ensure that he would end up in hell, because such a punishment was cruel and unjust and if it would be imposed on any man, then Peguy would share his fate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Were people given a choice about this? Were they allowed ro ask if they wanted to be created?
    "I, a stranger and afraid,
    In a world I never made"
    Looking after? Pitched in to swim or drown, more like.
    What would you say about a man who demands adoration and beats people up who do not give anything except complete, faithful grovelling devotion, who demanded that we be true sick-hearted slaves and nothing less? Is not such a being insane? I used my eyes to look, my ears to hear, my brain [I notice that doesn't matter to you] to think, and I use my mouth and tongue to express my contempt. If god didn't want that, it should have built the world or me otherwise than it did.

The French poet also Charles Peguy believed that those who disobeyed god would go to hell forever. He was so sure that this was true that he "disobeyed god" to ensure that he would end up in hell, because such a punishment was cruel and unjust and if it would be imposed on any man, then Peguy would share his fate.
    what a stupid foolish man

ReputationRep:
    That all you can say? No argument, just accusations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KandyKane)
    SO WHAT IF I CAN'T SPELL
    HA HA HA HA HA AND YOUR POINT IS?

AND OH YEAH JOKES ON YOU JACK YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FOREVER BE LOST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    That all you can say? No argument, just accusations.
    it seems that you'd like to argue no stop, thats not a good sign because your not proving a point whereas i do, and try and make you understand, but your hearts seems like cold rock, not accepting but what the mind desires and what temptation brings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    SO WHAT IF I CAN'T SPELL
    HA HA HA HA HA AND YOUR POINT IS?

AND OH YEAH JOKES ON YOU JACK YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FOREVER BE LOST
    I really think you should respect the English language, mate! I´m sure that you would want all foreigners to learn the language (Farsi, Arabic?) of the country where your parents came from if you lived there. It seems you´re just another teenager who doesn´t give a damn about other people.
    I´m not lost, thanks very much. It seems that you are, in the swamp that is Islam.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe in a psychopath like that, it is equally foolish to grovel to it as you do, and a lot less dignified or brave.

ReputationRep:
    it seems that you'd like to argue no stop, thats not a good sign because your not proving a point whereas i do,
    Precisely what point are you trying to make? You have proven nothing so far.

ReputationRep:
    I don't if this has already been said, as I wasn't up to readin all 20 pages of posts but this caught my eye:

By the way, the Big Bang can't be proven, as it can't be tested and on top of this has many flaws (ie some parts of the universe seeming to expand, while others seem shrink), yet many people believe it explains the origin of the universe (never mind the fact that there would have to be something to collide in order cause the explosion - where did that come from (if anyone says the collapse of a previous universe - where did that come from)
    In particular the bit I have highlighted.

Nothing can be proved, at all, except in the plain of Maths.

Whether it is in Science or in Religion nothing can or will ever be proved 100%. So there still can be those that doubt that the Earth is not in the middle of the universe etc.

However we can prove beyond reasonable doubt, like evolution has more or less been. This stage of loads of evidence makes it nigh impossible for man to have been made by God. But not completely.

I am an Atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I don't if this has already been said, as I wasn't up to readin all 20 pages of posts but this caught my eye:

Whether it is in Science or in Religion nothing can or will ever be proved 100%. So there still can be those that doubt that the Earth is not in the middle of the universe etc.

However we can prove beyond reasonable doubt, like evolution has more or less been. This stage of loads of evidence makes it nigh impossible for man to have been made by God. But not completely.

I am an Atheist.
    so what do you think is going to happen to you when you die?

ReputationRep:
    so what do you think is going to happen to you when you die?
    I have a funny feeling that I'll either be cremated and left as a bunch of ashes somewhere, or I'll be put in a box and shoved six feet under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)

I am an Atheist.
    I dont think the evidence you use backs up the statement in the last line ther personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I dont think the evidence you use backs up the statement in the last line ther personally
    For the sake of it, I give you one of those overused Voltaire quotes.

'If God did not exist, it would be necessary for man to create God'

There is a degree of truth in it.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.