Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    For the sake of it, I give you one of those overused Voltaire quotes.

'If God did not exist, it would be necessary for man to create God'

There is a degree of truth in it.
    could agree more, however the orgninal poster said

"However we can prove beyond reasonable doubt, like evolution has more or less been. This stage of loads of evidence makes it nigh impossible for man to have been made by God. But not completely."

He acknowledges its not completely true but still insists on it being beyond reasonable doubt and as you suggest there is a degree of truth in it yet it fails to realise a number of things.

Belief of evolution can be accepted with a belief in God, its a process for development not a proof that God doesn't exist. If the values for constants such as the weight of the electron or the fact there were unequal numbers of matter and anti matter particles we would not be here. The set up of the Universe that led to life was a very delicate one and thus it difficult to explain how it came to be like that. The mulituniverse explanation is no better than God as an explanation and so we are no where near "beyond reasonable doubt".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    could agree more, however the orgninal poster said

"However we can prove beyond reasonable doubt, like evolution has more or less been. This stage of loads of evidence makes it nigh impossible for man to have been made by God. But not completely."

He acknowledges its not completely true but still insists on it being beyond reasonable doubt and as you suggest there is a degree of truth in it yet it fails to realise a number of things.

Belief of evolution can be accepted with a belief in God, its a process for development not a proof that God doesn't exist. If the values for constants such as the weight of the electron or the fact there were unequal numbers of matter and anti matter particles we would not be here. The set up of the Universe that led to life was a very delicate one and thus it difficult to explain how it came to be like that. The mulituniverse explanation is no better than God as an explanation and so we are no where near "beyond reasonable doubt".
    'Quite' (To borrow from Howard via vienna95) hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    'Quite' (To borrow from Howard via vienna95) hehe
    I can see this becoming a nasty trend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I can see this becoming a nasty trend
    *chuckles* we can only hope hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KandyKane)
    I really think you should respect the English language, mate! I´m sure that you would want all foreigners to learn the language (Farsi, Arabic?) of the country where your parents came from if you lived there. It seems you´re just another teenager who doesn´t give a damn about other people.
    I´m not lost, thanks very much. It seems that you are, in the swamp that is Islam.
    Just because i'm Muslim It DOES NOT MEAN I'M ASIAN
    I'm BLACK
    U dumb b***h listen i cant help u as u will be forever lost
    Its like saying all christains are white
    You will 4 ever b lost sorry the hell fire is waiting for u
    LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    LMFAO
    You could challenge the Summa Theologica with something that deep.

ReputationRep:
    Just because i'm Muslim It DOES NOT MEAN I'M ASIAN
    I'm BLACK
    U dumb b***h listen i cant help u as u will be forever lost
    Its like saying all christains are white
    LMFAO
    This is a debate forum. Unless thing have degraded that badly since I was last here, simply pointing out a minor error in an argument doesn't destroy that arguments essence. They were complaining about your butchery of the English language, not the colour of you skin or your ethnic choices. In my opinion, you are saying it is ok for you to ignore the laws of grammer, spelling and common curtisy towards other users, simply because he made a perfectly justified asumption. The majority of Muslims are of easten origin, just as most Jews are white, Rastas are black, and Budist monks are bald. These are not definition, mearly usefull assumtions that are normaly safe to make. Oh, and are Muslims supposed to laugh about hell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    This is a debate forum. Unless thing have degraded that badly since I was last here, simply pointing out a minor error in an argument doesn't destroy that arguments essence. They were complaining about your butchery of the English language, not the colour of you skin or your ethnic choices. In my opinion, you are saying it is ok for you to ignore the laws of grammer, spelling and common curtisy towards other users, simply because he made a perfectly justified asumption. The majority of Muslims are of easten origin, just as most Jews are white, Rastas are black, and Budist monks are bald. These are not definition, mearly usefull assumtions that are normaly safe to make. Oh, and are Muslims supposed to laugh about hell?
    i love it wen ppl start to chat ****, just makes me realise that sometimes i can be unique. and i do say, sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    i love it wen ppl start to chat ****, just makes me realise that sometimes i can be unique. and i do say, sometimes
    And there was me hoping that in your month or two away from UKL you'd learn to spell, perhaps even realise that being uniformly dismissive of others' opinions was both arrogant and foolish. Oh well, never mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    And there was me hoping that in your month or two away from UKL you'd learn to spell, perhaps even realise that being uniformly dismissive of others' opinions was both arrogant and foolish. Oh well, never mind.
    its a shame isnt it, well, what can you do, i mean, once a man, always a man, but what is it with you and spelling, i mean, what is the big fuss, you people exaggerate too much, disappointing.

p.s i have made some errors in the previous paragraph, aer you going to me that sad and correct me AGAIN!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    I think u need to look things up before u start chatting s**t only 1% of muslims are arabs
    so u and that B***T can go F**K each other and as i said shes going 2 the hell fire and u can follow her and her stupid ways
    IF u dont believe in GOD then u dont believe in anything u just LOST

BURN IN THE HELL FIRE

And i told that chick I CANT HELP HER,ONLY GOD CAN SAVE HER NOW

ReputationRep:
    I think u need to look things up before u start chatting s**t only 1% of muslims are arabs
    so u and that B***T can go F**K each other and as i said shes going 2 the hell fire and u can follow her and her stupid ways
    IF u dont believe in GOD then u dont believe in anything u just LOST

BURN IN THE HELL FIRE

And i told that chick I CANT HELP HER,ONLY GOD CAN SAVE HER NOW
    chill out samera, some of these people are not worth arguing with, their a waste of time and effort, you give them an answer to a question and they will ask you the same question but in a different way

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.