Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yeah right they do. They probably say it on the census but I wonder how many go to church? I go to church far more than most of these 'christians' and I'm an atheist (OK, admittedly I only go for the music )
    What church do you go to then? Some of the best clasical music is religious, but the CofE are useless, and Catholics tend to be to busy telling you your going to hell. The best church I went to was in CA and involved a black gosple group. The preachers there are good and can convince you by not giving you the time to think abouth the bull they are spouting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    Vander Hoven, a psychologist from Netherlands, announced his new discovery about the effect of reading the Quran and repeating the word ALLAH both on patients and on normal persons.
    The Dutch professor I think you mean is Professor van der Hoven. Professor Who van der Hoven of which university? Where was this astonishong research published? Or is it, like the koran, yet another divine manifestation that only muslims can receive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    What church do you go to then? Some of the best clasical music is religious, but the CofE are useless, and Catholics tend to be to busy telling you your going to hell. The best church I went to was in CA and involved a black gosple group. The preachers there are good and can convince you by not giving you the time to think abouth the bull they are spouting.

I'm a member of my chapel choir so it's all C of E stuff, which I'm used to and I don't mind. I don't say the 'I believe' bits or go up for communion (that would be too hypocritical for me) but I have no problem with their rituals - the way I see it it's the price I pay for getting to sing some of the most beautiful music ever written (for example Allegri Miserere, which we did a few weeks ago - mmm). Anyway, some of their services are actually kinda nice. If you remove the word 'God' they're just telling people to be nice to each other, which we could do with more of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    The Dutch professor I think you mean is Professor van der Hoven. Professor Who van der Hoven of which university? Where was this astonishong research published? Or is it, like the koran, yet another divine manifestation that only muslims can receive?
    if u doyour research mate, you'll find out, so stop trying to be funny adn use your head and the net to find out whether what i just published was true or not

ReputationRep:
    Dr.Tarig Al Swaidan discovered some verses in the

Holy Qur'an

That mention one thing is equal to another,

i.e. men are equal to women.

Although this makes sense grammatically,

the astonishing fact is that the number of

times the word man appears in

the Holy Qur'an

is 24 and number of times the word

woman appears is also 24,

therefore not only is this phrase correct in

the grammatical sense but also true mathematically,

i.e. 24 = 24.

Upon further analysis of various verses,

he discovered that this is consistent throughout the whole

Holy Qur'an

where it says one thing is like another.

See below for astonishing result of

the words mentioned number of times in Arabic

Holy Qur'an

Dunia (one name for life) 115.

Aakhirat (one name for the life after this world) 115

Malaika (Angels) 88 . Shayteen (Satan) 88

Life 145 .... Death 145

Benefit 50 . Corrupt 50

People 50 .. Messengers 50

Eblees (king of devils) 11 . Seek refuge from Eblees 11

Museebah (calamity) 75 . Thanks 75

Spending (Sadaqah) 73 . Satisfaction 73

People who are mislead 17 . Dead people 17

Muslimeen 41 . Jihad 41

Gold 8 . Easy life 8

Magic 60 . Fitnah (dissuasion, misleading) 60

Zakat (Taxes Muslims pay to the poor) 32 .

Barakah (Increasing or blessings of wealth) 32

Mind 49 . Noor 49

Tongue 25 . Sermon 25

Desite 8 . Fear 8

Speaking publicly 18 . Publicising 18

Hardship 114 .... Patience 114

Muhammed 4 . Sharee'ah (Muhammed's teachings) 4

Man 24. Woman 24

And amazingly enough have a look how many times

the following words appear:

Salat 5, Month 12, Day 365,

Sea 32, Land 13

Sea + land = 32+13= 45

Sea = 32/45*100q.11111111%

Land = 13/45*100 = 28.88888889%

Sea + land 0.00%

Modern science has only recently proven that the water covers

71.111% of the

earth, while the land covers 28.889%.

Is this a coincidence? Question is that

Who taught Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) all this?

Reply automatically comes in mind that

ALMIGHTY ALLAH

taught him.

This as the

Holy Qur'an

also tells us this.

ReputationRep:
    if u doyour research mate, you'll find out, so stop trying to be funny adn use your head and the net to find out whether what i just published was true or not
    I did my research, pal, and it was not published; Professor Vander Hoven does not exist and the research was never carried out. I was wondering whether you would bother to check.
    Obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    ...Atheism accepts the natural world as all there is. To live without god beliefs is intellectually stimulating. To find one's own purpose and be responsible for one's own life is exciting. To be free from the imagined surveillance of good and evil spirits is liberating. To seek a peaceful world through work and friendship and civic action is life-affirming...

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense

Religion easily has the greatest ******** story ever told.
    Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
    But He loves you.
    He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good ******** story. Holy ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    I did my research, pal, and it was not published; Professor Vander Hoven does not exist and the research was never carried out. I was wondering whether you would bother to check.
    Obviously not.
    well, your jus sayin that for a laugh mate. try Professor Van der Hoven, now if you tell me he dont exist then i should have no hesitation to say your dumb as wel as blind

ReputationRep:
    well, your jus sayin that for a laugh mate. try Professor Van der Hoven, now if you tell me he dont exist then i should have no hesitation to say your dumb as wel as blind
    Do you believe in God?

ReputationRep:
    All you need do is cite in a scholarly fashion the place where his research was published- if you can find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    Do you believe in God?
    ofcorse i do, ill be stupid if i dont, ill go agianst the logic and what the mind excepts

ReputationRep:
    ofcorse i do, ill be stupid if i dont, ill go agianst the logic and what the mind excepts

Very good!

ReputationRep:
    Religion easily has the greatest ******** story ever told.
    Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
    But He loves you.
    He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good ******** story. Holy ****!
    1- God does not send you to hell, the devil claims you, the commandments are there to protect you from being tortured for eternity.

2- God does not need money- perhaps the church leaders do, but they are not god. God advocates the giving of money to the poor and needy consistantly throughout the bible.

sorry- just wanted to clear a few points up.

ReputationRep:
    Stop. Reverse that. (Well, apart from the last part, but if we can't fight the primive mind we may as well live in a tribal society, or worse, one run by PSYrinks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Stop. Reverse that. (Well, apart from the last part, but if we can't fight the primive mind we may as well live in a tribal society, or worse, one run by PSYrinks)
    sorry mate, its realitty, and its irreversible

ReputationRep:
    Of course life is irreversable.. wouldn't it be nice for a time machine though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saintsin)
    If Mary is the mother of god but she also carried out the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, Jesus is the son of god but also the brother of god, Jesus mother is his own grandmother if she is gods mother :confused:
    God does not have family, its stupid to say that he does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    God does not have family, its stupid to say that he does
    If God does not have family who or what then is his SON Jesus Christ?

ReputationRep:
    Of course life is irreversable.. wouldn't it be nice for a time machine though?
    yeah, but theres no use to imagine the impossible. it like sayin, its possible to become super man nd life in this earth.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but theres no use to imagine the impossible. it like sayin, its possible to become super man nd life in this earth.
    Well yeah.. BUT!... well.. here's my saying... Things that people consider true are not always the best things in life. Money and power don’t mean anything, and courage and honor and virtue mean everything. Not to mimic the actions of others, but to hold oneself to a higher standard. And that the things that may or may not be true are the things you need to believe in the most.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.