Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    If God does not have family who or what then is his SON Jesus Christ?
    God is the one and only mate, he dont have a son, jesus was his messenger and prophet, who was the child of the virgin mary. if jesus wa the son of god then jesus would be impossible to kill or to die.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah.. BUT!... well.. here's my saying... Things that people consider true are not always the best things in life. Money and power don’t mean anything, and courage and honor and virtue mean everything. Not to mimic the actions of others, but to hold oneself to a higher standard. And that the things that may or may not be true are the things you need to believe in the most.
    if what your tryin to say is that u gota aim high in life then course your life, but if what ypur trying to say aim at what seems to be the impossible, thats a waste of life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    God is the one and only mate, he dont have a son, jesus was his messenger and prophet, who was the child of the virgin mary. if jesus wa the son of god then jesus would be impossible to kill or to die.
    Unless of course God wanted him by His side. Am I right? I mean to say.. If Christ's mission to spread God's word was complete there was no need for him to remain on this.. very depressing world. He simply called his son home.

ReputationRep:
    if what your tryin to say is that u gota aim high in life then course your life, but if what ypur trying to say aim at what seems to be the impossible, thats a waste of life
    On the contrary.. if you do what you WANT to do with your life, if you fulfull your wishes, your dreams, how could you say that you wasted your life?

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary.. if you do what you WANT to do with your life, if you fulfull your wishes, your dreams, how could you say that you wasted your life?
    mate, if your really think that God needed a son then think again. andto get his son killed, wouldnt God be furious, wouldnt that lower God's power, wouldnt Satan be pround of himself?

to be honest, God aint got no son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    God does not have family, its stupid to say that he does
    Why? Perhaps the universe is a mobile made by Mr and Mrs (or Mr and Mr, or Ms and Ms...) God to entertain the little godlings.

ReputationRep:
    If God does not have family who or what then is his SON Jesus Christ?
    God Incarnate

ReputationRep:
    One and only? Why not God Inc Ltd, Universes made to order? God cannot be the one and only mate, as god cannot be a mate unless he has something to mate with and produce offspring. "He" only applies if there is a female equivalent and breeding is possible.

ReputationRep:
    mate, if your really think that God needed a son then think again. andto get his son killed, wouldnt God be furious, wouldnt that lower God's power, wouldnt Satan be pround of himself?

to be honest, God aint got no son
    erm... why would God be furious for killing his son? surely if he did it... I'm sure if God exists, and assuming that heaven and hell exist, then Jesus would join God's side, uniting them... Wouldn't that make their power... erm... stronger?

and if God "aint got no son" then he must have one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    erm... why would God be furious for killing his son? surely if he did it... I'm sure if God exists, and assuming that heaven and hell exist, then Jesus would join God's side, uniting them... Wouldn't that make their power... erm... stronger?

The point about jesus giving up his life as a sacrifice was to redeem humanity of their original sin. so you are right- jesus's death would not have angered god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)

you just said that God is not the most powerful uniting them... Wouldn't that make their power... erm... stronger?' that statement is a contradictory to gods power mate. you made it sound like God needs some1 help to be powerful where all...sorry most religions believe that gos is the most powerful, and doesnt need any1 or anything to support his power.

If God had a son, dont you think that they wil be competing to whom should have the higher power, the world will be corrupt if that was the case. i mean 4 example if god tells you to stand up and his son told you to sit down, who are you guna opbey, or will you go diagnol instead. this is logic.

god dont have a son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    The point about jesus giving up his life as a sacrifice was to redeem humanity of their original sin. so you are right- jesus's death would not have angered god.
    that means that i can murder, rape, oppress, steal, lie, etc.. and i will still be forgiven because jesus sacrificed himself. that illogical, this world will be corupted if that was the case.

yes God is the all forgiving but he sure on the contary is the worst punisher

ReputationRep:
    you just said that God is not the most powerful uniting them... Wouldn't that make their power... erm... stronger?' that statement is a contradictory to gods power mate. you made it sound like God needs some1 help to be powerful where all...sorry most religions believe that gos is the most powerful, and doesnt need any1 or anything to support his power.

If God had a son, dont you think that they wil be competing to whom should have the higher power, the world will be corrupt if that was the case. i mean 4 example if god tells you to stand up and his son told you to sit down, who are you guna opbey, or will you go diagnol instead. this is logic.
    "you just said that God is not the most powerful uniting them... "

When? I didn't deny that God is powerful, if God exists (I'm not a believer, but prove he exists and I'll believe...) And I did not say that God needed someone to become powerful...

And by the way, I'd do what I want in relation to your last question. If I was sitting down already then I'd stay sitting down, if I was standing already then I'd stay standing... Although the likelihood is that since I don't believe in God, and I thought God was "telling" me to stand, I'd go to a psychiatrist... unless God was there in person looking all high and mighty like a God should, in which case I'd probably have a heart attack...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    "you just said that God is not the most powerful uniting them... "

When? I didn't deny that God is powerful, if God exists (I'm not a believer, but prove he exists and I'll believe...) And I did not say that God needed someone to become powerful...

And by the way, I'd do what I want in relation to your last question. If I was sitting down already then I'd stay sitting down, if I was standing already then I'd stay standing... Although the likelihood is that since I don't believe in God, and I thought God was "telling" me to stand, I'd go to a psychiatrist... unless God was there in person looking all high and mighty like a God should, in which case I'd probably have a heart attack...
    all your actions are monitired from the time of birth till the time of death. if god cant tell you what to do then God is not God.

ReputationRep:
    all your actions are monitired from the time of birth till the time of death. if god cant tell you what to do then God is not God.
    In that case can't God be classified as a paedophile?

ReputationRep:
    god is only there if you let him be....god is a creation of humanity in their attempt to feel like they have a purpose...the only reason god was created in the way religions see him/her is because they lacked the scientific ability to explain how or why...they therefore gave the unknowna place too by saying they are gods creation...or god has his way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mentor16)
    god is only there if you let him be....god is a creation of humanity in their attempt to feel like they have a purpose...the only reason god was created in the way religions see him/her is because they lacked the scientific ability to explain how or why...they therefore gave the unknowna place too by saying they are gods creation...or god has his way
    Satan was invented at some point in time because people were losing faith, so the Church made up Satan to scare people into believing again...

Personally I have a scientific mind, so that might be why I don't believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mentor16)
    what you just said is not excepted in any logical mind, inc mind, so soz mate, u chat rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Satan was invented at some point in time because people were losing faith, so the Church made up Satan to scare people into believing again...

Personally I have a scientific mind, so that might be why I don't believe.
    if satan did not exist then y the hell are there psycho paths in this world, and more resonalbly y did adam eat the apple from the tree

ReputationRep:
    what you just said is not excepted in any logical mind, inc mind, so soz mate, u chat rubbish

y thankyou....much appreciated...especially how you spelt so much wrong...i dont think much of whats in your mind is in anyone elses!!!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.