Turn on thread page Beta

SHARP GX10i Mobile.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, i was wondering whether any one has a Sharp GX10i Mobile phone and what do they think of it?

Is it worth the money (how much did it cost you)?
    Would you recommend another camera phone?

etc.. any comments would be great.

I'm looking to buy one, and i respect your opinions!

Ta..

xx

ReputationRep:
    If you have a credit/debit card and you watch your talktime and don't go over the 'limit', try line rental. You can get the Sharp GX10i for free on Vodafone online. For only £15 a month, you get 100 minutes to any network anytime. This is an online-only offer and it's usually £22 a month instead with The Carphone Warehouse or The Link. It might be the same price as Pay As You Go or a bit more but think of the 100 minutes you get free.

Of course, if you are one of those who worry that they might accidently make a really long call and get a hundred pound a month phone bill, or you don't have a card, then get it on Pay As You Go.

ReputationRep:
    I just know that it is a mad phone!

ReputationRep:
    i was going to buy the sharp phone just after christmas, it is a great phone, but can be reallt expensive!
    if you wanted to buy on contract then you can get it on vodaphone free, with 12.99 a month line rental, including 300 free texts a month
    if you wanted it on pay as you go, expect to pay about £250 for the phone, so if you are not sure then i would invest you money in another phone.
    i have got the motorola c550 which is a camera phone, it is a good phone and the pictures are good, but the buttons are a little stiff until you have used it a few times, (carphine warehouse have them on sale on any network from £40.99)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    hi guys, i was wondering whether any one has a Sharp GX10i Mobile phone and what do they think of it?

Ta..

xx
    Wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Crap photo quality, awkward to use, the menu system is completely and utterly crap, plus if you need to transfer your numbers across, you can't, or at least you have to do it one by one. hence why Sharp have released their new and spruced up GX20. The G1X0I retails at £224.99 and is overpriced.

If you were to buy one, and prefer the flip camera phones. then the Panasonic X70 is decent, roughly the same price.

ReputationRep:
    ello ello people...its moday morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    ello ello people...its moday morning!
    Dinnertime for us brits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Dinnertime for us brits.
    yes...thats what my body is saying too...i woke up at 2 in the morning because thats when i would have gotten up in london.....

thank god i was able to sleep again!

but goodbye people, alas break has ended and i need to go to high school!

curry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yes...thats what my body is saying too...i woke up at 2 in the morning because thats when i would have gotten up in london.....

thank god i was able to sleep again!

but goodbye people, alas break has ended and i need to go to high school!

curry
    Bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)

Ta..

xx
    My sis has that phone and i think its ace.....the pics are better than most phones and the menu's are easy to operate....the ringtones are polyphonic so sound wicked!! My own opinion though...im fussy bout my phones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    My sis has that phone and i think its ace.....the pics are better than most phones and the menu's are easy to operate....the ringtones are polyphonic so sound wicked!! My own opinion though...im fussy bout my phones!
    Yes, it does appear like a very nice phone, if previously you had been stuck on Nokia's. My own advice is to look around before you actually decide to buy this phone.

ReputationRep:
    ive got a sagem myx6. the photo quality is good and it only cost £120

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrosser2004)
    ive got a sagem myx6. the photo quality is good and it only cost £120
    £100 now. Superb camera in it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it does appear like a very nice phone, if previously you had been stuck on Nokia's. My own advice is to look around before you actually decide to buy this phone.
    god i swear you're just a bit to smart...lol
    how could you possibly know that i have a nokia???

ReputationRep:
    god i swear you're just a bit to smart...lol
    how could you possibly know that i have a nokia???
    I dunno, I guess it's cause I work in a phone shop part time.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I guess it's cause I work in a phone shop part time.
    that helps

ReputationRep:
    that helps
    Or could it be my overwhelming presence, allowing me to merge with UK-learning, and hence leanr all you deepest and most private secrets. But then again. Maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    Or could it be my overwhelming presence, allowing me to merge with UK-learning, and hence leanr all you deepest and most private secrets. But then again. Maybe not.
    Lets hope not.....i got alot of skeletons in my closet!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your replies. My mate has the Sagem one and it is VERY GOOD!! Well for a not-so-well known brand in mobile phones (e.g nokia).. Well it looks like i'm gonna get the GX20. You can attach a photo so you see who is calling you! So sad i know...

GX10i is a good phone, one of the better ones. I haven't got enough patience to wait till April with the release of the GX30. This includes enhanced zoom camera and MP3 player! AND MORE.. check it out at sharp...

Thanks again all..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.