The Student Room Group

Got rejected from both sixth forms don't want college

Hello,

Pretty much im in a bit of a situation right now. I have quite a bad reference.. (4 suspensions this year but none at all before that) but I have had no problems with behavior etc for a month now and I plan on seeing out this until we break up for study leave in around 2 months time.

I had applied for 2 schools, both interviews went well and everything looked promising, until one by one they both declined giving me a place. Therefore I am now unsure of what I should do, especially since I do not want to go to college.

In both of the letters where they declined giving me a place they said that if I was without a place by the end of the summer that I should contact them and they will discuss what options they have avaliable for me at their school, one of them also said that if a place comes avaliable before I take my GCSE's then they will offer me it for me to accept or decline (they did this for most people who also got rejected I am aware).

So what should I do? Should I take my chances and hope that they give me a place by the end of august after contacting them? Is there any hope?! I hope someone has been in a similar situation and could give me any advice.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Places are always available on results day or after as many people from schools leave to go to college etc. so if they accept you then go there, but do not worry, there will be a sixth form for you to go to!
Reply 2
Original post by shyamshah
Places are always available on results day or after as many people from schools leave to go to college etc. so if they accept you then go there, but do not worry, there will be a sixth form for you to go to!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, not the happiest right now about being in this situation but I am becoming more and more hopeful!

Thanks again.
Reply 3
Original post by Themajor
Thanks for the vote of confidence, not the happiest right now about being in this situation but I am becoming more and more hopeful!

Thanks again.

Are there any other sixth forms around your area which you could apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Are there any other sixth forms around your area which you could apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really too sure, most of the deadlines have gone. There are a couple but the schools are pretty bad and the people in my year there I do not like so if it comes down to it then that is always an option.
Reply 5
Definitely apply to other colleges/sixth forms as a backup plan, just because you apply it doesn't mean you have to go there, and even if you dislike the particular school, it's better than risking having nowhere at all to go.
Reply 6
Original post by Themajor
Not really too sure, most of the deadlines have gone. There are a couple but the schools are pretty bad and the people in my year there I do not like so if it comes down to it then that is always an option.

Yeah, as I said before, after results day most of the sixth forms will have places anyway, but hopefully you get into the sixth form you want! Good luck :wink:
Reply 7
Yeah, as I said before, after results day most of the sixth forms will have places anyway, but hopefully you get into the sixth form you want! Good luck :wink:

Thanks I shall try my best to get into my preferred sixth form, hopefully it'll all work out okay.
Reply 8
Anybody had a similar past experience like mine? If so what ended up happening?
Hey i was wondering what happened after? did you get into your preferred sixth form? did they offer a place after results day?
i'm in the same situation right now and i'm freaking out so much :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest