The Student Room Group

can i resit aqa alevel chemistry unit 1 in may/june or in jan 2014 ?

i'm in year 12 and my results are coming out on wed.. and i am :frown:so NERVOUS. i worked really hard for it and even though i made my own notes and did as much past papers i could do but i still struggled during the exam. i lost so many marks and throughtout the exam i panicked. i have failed this exam. and i fink i goh the lowest mark in my year. my chemistry teacher says i cant resit unit 1 but is that true.even if i can i dont want to resit in may/june because i have six more exams to do. can i do it in january 2014 and i will be in year 13.:confused:. and please please leave me some revision tips for chemistry. thanks it will really mean soo much to me.
We don't have January exams next year, so you would have to resit it in the summer 2014 if you don't want to resit it this time.

Best of luck for results day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
resit in summer this year? easier in as than a2
You can re-sit them in the summer of 2013 but there will be no as/a2 exams in january 2014.
Reply 4
Original post by rimafer
i'm in year 12 and my results are coming out on wed.. and i am :frown:so NERVOUS. i worked really hard for it and even though i made my own notes and did as much past papers i could do but i still struggled during the exam. i lost so many marks and throughtout the exam i panicked. i have failed this exam. and i fink i goh the lowest mark in my year. my chemistry teacher says i cant resit unit 1 but is that true.even if i can i dont want to resit in may/june because i have six more exams to do. can i do it in january 2014 and i will be in year 13.:confused:. and please please leave me some revision tips for chemistry. thanks it will really mean soo much to me.

Hi, yeah OFQUAL have decided to end January examinations now, so you won't have an opportunity to resit any exams until the Summer of your A2 studies... I hope you did well enough in your Jan exams, I myself am panicking too because I really don't want to have to retake any of them at all...

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you on Thursday! (Schools get the results on Wednesday, but they legally are unable to show us until Thursday from 6AM.)

- Good Luck again, J.
Reply 5
You can resit whenever you like, it's the school stopping you not the exam board. How are you getting your results on Wednesday? Schools aren't meant to release them till Thursday 6am
Can I resit my as level in physics in October 2014?

Quick Reply

Latest