The Student Room Group

What subjects has every picked for next year?

Just thought it would be interesting to see which subjects everyone else opted to study next year. I'm going into sixth year and I'm studying:

Advanced Higher Chemistry
Advanced Higher Maths
Higher French

Scroll to see replies

Advanced Higher History
Advanced Higher German
Advanced Higher French

I haven't finalised my choices, but I'm pretty certain those are the subjects I'll do.
Original post by nerd434
AH Applied Mathematics: Statistics
AH Biology
AH Chemistry
AH Mathematics
AH Physics

I'm only getting one period of AH Biology a week, unfortunately. As well as having to teach myself Stats in my spare time...

5 AHs :eek::eek:
What a beast you are!
Reply 3
Original post by nerd434
AH Biology
AH Chemistry
AH Mathematics
AH Physics

I certainly commend your bravery! Best of luck :smile:

While this is not set in stone, I do expect my courses next year to be:

AH Maths
AH English
AH RMPS
Higher Chemistry
Original post by nerd434
AH Biology
AH Chemistry
AH Mathematics
AH Physics

I'm only getting one period of AH Biology a week, unfortunately. As well as having to teach myself Stats in my spare time...

One period of AH Biology a week eh? You. Will. Die. (or just find it really really hard, although maybe thats just me :tongue:)
Reply 5
If all goes well in my S5 exams and I don't have to repeat anything.
Advanced Higher: Mathematics
Advanced Higher: Physics
Higher: Business Management
Hospitality

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone 4s app.
Original post by nerd434
I had the option to have either have one period of Biology or one period of Physics a week. I chose Biology because my Biology teacher is insisting I take part in the Biology olympiad which is in February but by then, I won't have covered all of the course. So the idea is, provided I stay on top of the work, I'll be able to finish the course quicker than if I were in class :dry:...

Well, if your teacher moves at the pace mine does your probably right... We've got the half unit, plus a quarter of Unit 1 to go through in 7 weeksish, and I'm already gonna have to reteach most of the course if I want to get even close to a pass :tongue: Honestly, its the hardest thing I've ever done school wise.

I wish you luck anyway! Three investigations, fitted around 5 subjects at AH level? I struggle to find the time (well... motivation) to fit 2 around 3AH's and 2 Highers :tongue:
Reply 7
For next year I'm doing:
H English
H Maths
H Computing
H Physics
H Chemistry

Then in 6th Year I'm wanting:
AH Maths
AH Physics
H Geography
NQ Computer Games Technology (Freestanding Int 1) or Int2 Italian
Reply 8
Advanced Higher History
Advanced Higher English
Higher Psychology
Higher Photography
Reply 9
I've not entirely decided yet but it will be:

AH Chemistry
AH Biology
AH Maths
(edited 11 years ago)
AH maths
AH applied maths: mechanics
AH physics
AH chemistry or french, can't decide!
Chemistry will be a LOT easier, so I'm probably going to do that. But French will be more valuable to me.
Reply 11
H English (it was compulsory, but I'd have probably chosen it anyway)
H Maths
H Chemistry
H Biology
H Physics
(it was either 3 sciences which I'd enjoy, or choosing a subject I didn't really like and two...)

And then in 6th:
AH Chemistry
AH Maths or Physics(depends)
and I haven't really thought about what else.
Still not finalised but hoping to do:

AH French
AH German
(these two are definite)
AH Modern Studies

I'm possibly going to add a crash Higher, which will be either Spanish, Latin or Classical Studies.
I love how you fourth years have an idea of what your gonna do in S6 :tongue: The Highers in some of those subjects your planning on doing in S6 might just turn you off that track. Good to have a plan though :smile:
Original post by TheFOMaster
I love how you fourth years have an idea of what your gonna do in S6 :tongue: The Highers in some of those subjects your planning on doing in S6 might just turn you off that track. Good to have a plan though :smile:

Ive had a rough idea since before starting 1st year. I've just finally decided what I want to do with my life (well, narrowed it down to two main routes: Economics and Finance or Physics) so I have planned up until the end of 6th year.
Reply 15
Taking Ah maths, Ah graphics but don't know whether to take ah physics as I'm not sure if I will even get a b this year or to just pick two other higher
Reply 16
At the moment i'm doing

AH German
AH Mod Studs
Higher History (crash)

hopefully they'll actually run german this year...
Higher Chemistry
Higher Biology
Higher Physics
Higher Computing (or Information Systems depending on who you ask)
Higher History

That is, if my guidance teacher gets her head out of her backside and realises you don't need English and maths for medicine!
Reply 18
AH French
AH History
AH English

I'm also thinking about Higher RMPS or Sociology, but my guidance teacher say I won't cope with so I'm not so sure. Also probably 2 of my AH would be in the travel column, so I'll have to see how it will all work out. :smile:
Reply 19
AH Bio
AH Maths
AH Chem

Along with tutoring aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending