The Student Room Group

Is this a big deal?

The annual ball for my course less that two weeks. Im a fresher. I understand its the nature to ask somebody to go with you, but I really couldnt care about asking someone. Can anyone speak of experience where they didnt bring someone or is it normal at uni not to bring people?
Reply 1
You could always go with a group of mates? If you don't feel like going with a date just go with friends in the same situation. Have fun either way!
Reply 2
Original post by hollysarah
You could always go with a group of mates? If you don't feel like going with a date just go with friends in the same situation. Have fun either way!

True that. Its just the girl that i would bring isnt eligible to go.
Reply 3
That's just sucky. Take it from me, if you're interested in her, I wouldn't go with some one else, us girls get insanely jealous. Go with friends, it'll probably be less awkward and more enjoyable :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by gotye
The annual ball for my course less that two weeks. Im a fresher. I understand its the nature to ask somebody to go with you, but I really couldnt care about asking someone. Can anyone speak of experience where they didnt bring someone or is it normal at uni not to bring people?

apart from one girl with a boyfriend i dont know anyone bringing a date to my course ball
Reply 5
That's just sucky. Take it from me, if you're interested in her, I wouldn't go with some one else, us girls get insanely jealous. Go with friends, it'll probably be less awkward and more enjoyable :smile:

Yeah, plus it wouldnt feel right in asking someone else, and i would feel like an ass haha.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Good lad. :smile: It's a shame you can't take her but I'm sure it'll be just as fun with mates. :P
Reply 7
Good lad. :smile: It's a shame you can't take her but I'm sure it'll be just as fun with mates. :P

oh btw, just from a girls opinion, what would you consider better; a tux or a slim fitted suit?
Reply 8
Original post by gotye
oh btw, just from a girls opinion, what would you consider better; a tux or a slim fitted suit?

Tux! It's classy and amazing if executed properly. Depends on build etc. though :biggrin:
Original post by gotye

You should conform to the dress code, so if it's black tie (which it almost certainly will be) then you should wear a tux.
Reply 10
Original post by Origami Bullets
You should conform to the dress code, so if it's black tie (which it almost certainly will be) then you should wear a tux.

this almost certain to be a huge booze up
Reply 11
Best kind of party haha
Reply 12
Best kind of party haha

Irish booze ups are of olympic standard.
Reply 13
Original post by gotye
Irish booze ups are of olympic standard.

Ha! This I would like to witness one day! :P
I'm going to my course ball with a group of friends who are all single, it should be a good night, I couldn't really care less about bringing a date, it's a good chance to meet other people on my course as well.
Original post by gotye
this almost certain to be a huge booze up

That may be so, but it's still the done thing to actually follow the dress code; every university ball that I've been to has been a bit of a piss up, but people did actually turn up dressed according to the dress code.

There really is nothing worse than someone who doesn't know how to dress for an occasion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending