Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my results back today and i got 59/100, which is a D, though i was 1 point of a C. As i want to go to uni at the end if next year they want bb, (overall grade) so far i got 3 A but i don't knoew to resit this or not

what would you lot do?

Anne

ReputationRep:
    are you saying that in one subject you have AAAD with 2 modules still to go?

in which case, i would strongle discorage resitting, and instead put all your efforts into the other two modules.

for maths my breakdown modules are AAABAE but this averages out as A, which is all the uni care about....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

in which case, i would strongle discorage resitting, and instead put all your efforts into the other two modules.

for maths my breakdown modules are AAABAE but this averages out as A, which is all the uni care about....

love Katy ***

yes it was i try to say but i thought that uni cares abotu each individual grade not what you got at average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    yes it was i try to say but i thought that uni cares abotu each individual grade not what you got at average
    no, i don't think the uni's even get to know your individual marks on the papers, just the overall grade. personally i wouldn't resit and do as ickle katy has suggested and work hard in the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    no, i don't think the uni's even get to know your individual marks on the papers, just the overall grade. personally i wouldn't resit and do as ickle katy has suggested and work hard in the others.

well i least it will be easier in may/june when i got all my other exams to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    I got my results back today and i got 59/100, which is a D, though i was 1 point of a C. As i want to go to uni at the end if next year they want bb, (overall grade) so far i got 3 A but i don't knoew to resit this or not

what would you lot do?

Anne
    i always resit the exams cos they is a chance i might get a better mark. And if it was one point off a C, then u should resist it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i always resit the exams cos they is a chance i might get a better mark. And if it was one point off a C, then u should resist it.
    I do too- especially if it's an AS module because the AS exams are always a couple of weeks before the A2 exams so it's not as if it really interferes.

ReputationRep:
    i think that you should resit. if you are getting a's in all of the other modules then you are definatly capable of getting that c that you deserve, go for it and i hope that it turns out ok!

ReputationRep:
    the fact is whan a sat my exam i was ill, well i still on many oain killers so i still ill, though the thing is this unit isn't scvience based and the uni course i want to do is science based

this is whay i'm unsure

ReputationRep:
    what do u want to do at uni and where ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)

what would you lot do?

Anne
    i reckon you should definatly re-sit. if i get a c or a d, them im definatly going to do it. itll be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

love Katy ***
    By any chance was the E you got in P3? Dont make me dread it
    more lol

ReputationRep:
    By all means resit, its important that you get the best results you can. I know it sounds geeky to some people but they'll be the ones refgretting it in the long term. If you were to resit you might get that all important C. After all, the more you know the better you'll do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    By any chance was the E you got in P3? Dont make me dread it
    more lol

correct i had 41% in P3

but dont worry....i have an A in Maths so it just proves you dont need it!

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    to all of you who think she should resit...let me tell you the situation with my best mate.

shes in Year 13 now, and last summer when she got her AS results was happy but had a D in one module in both English and Biology, so my school suggested she resit.

so jan she did, and did 2 more modules.

now we have the situation that she brought the resits up to BB and the new modules are both on DD.

with only one sitting left...does she raise these up to BB or get the last sets of modules on BB?

the worst thing that could happen is that you make too much work for yourself and end up with all DDDD. If you can cope, you may as well have the attitude that re-sits are just another chance to get a better grade.

but if you are going to be the type of person who works for Exams, i wouldnt put yourself through more than the bare minimum or you will end up regretting it.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    No, uni's dont distinguish.

For example to get an 'A' you need to obtain 480/600 UMS marks in 6 modules. Therefore it makes no difference if it were a student who just got a borderline 'A' with 481/600 UMS marks, and a student who breezed their subject by obtaining 600/600 UMS marks. All the university will know is that they both obtained an 'A'. So don't worry about it.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.