Any Drugs You Love The Taste Of?

Watch
Rybee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Note: all drugs have been prescribed to me and are taken in accordance with the Dr's instructions.

In casual conversation this has popped up a few times and I seem to be the only one to do it... But when taking some medications they're a straight swallow with a large gulp of water. Codeine for example is incredibly bitter and it makes me shiver and pull a stupid face as soon as I put it in my mouth, it's absolutely disgusting.

On the other hand I absolutely LOVE the taste of valium/diazepam and I always put the pill on my tongue and slowly suck on it. It's got a bitter taste too but there's something I just love about it. Everybody who's taken valium before that I've spoken to says that what I do is absolutely disgusting and they can't tolerate the taste at all.

Another one is Naproxen. When put on the tongue and not swallowed fairly quickly it starts to break down quite rapidly and within 15 seconds it really starts to burn and is quite painful but I love the burning sensation. I know it's really weird!?

Are there any other weirdos out there like me :confused:

If so what drugs do you love/despise the taste of?!
Menschlich
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Weed.
Mukhabarat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Calpol.

I used to love that!
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
I've never done that with Naproxen... do you have the yellow tablets?
Rybee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mukhabarat)
Calpol.

I used to love that!
I'm not surprised, that **** has more sugar in it than a can of coke! I only liked the purple one, IIRC they had an orange coloured one? Not a fan!

(Original post by + polarity -)
I've never done that with Naproxen... do you have the yellow tablets?
Yup, 250mg ones. I've never had any other dose so not sure what the other colours are!

Also big shout out for Banana medicine as a kid! I still request that at the age of 23 for any infection...
bssjonny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bonjela.
I wouldn't say I love it, but as far as medications go, it's alright.
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rybee)
Yup, 250mg ones. I've never had any other dose so not sure what the other colours are!

Also big shout out for Banana medicine as a kid! I still request that at the age of 23 for any infection...
Hmm, I think that's what I have. I'll try it next time I have a migraine :excited:

Do you mean Amoxicillin/Co-Amoxiclav? I used to have the liquid form but I've switched to tablets after a bad experience...
Rybee
Rep:
?
(Original post by bssjonny)
Bonjela.
Deeeeesgustin! :eek:

(Original post by + polarity -)
Hmm, I think that's what I have. I'll try it next time I have a migraine :excited:

Do you mean Amoxicillin/Co-Amoxiclav? I used to have the liquid form but I've switched to tablets after a bad experience...
Tbh I'm not sure what 'Banana' medicine is, I just remember loving it as a kid. I'm pretty sure it was Amoxicillin! Next time they prescribe tablets can I request I want the kid-style banana medicine!?
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aspirin dissolved in water for some odd reason.
Rybee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swanbow)
mmm I agree with that actually. One of the best sore-throat remedies I was ever told was to gargle crushed aspirin so it settled on the throat. It's actually got quite a nice taste to it!
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rybee)
Tbh I'm not sure what 'Banana' medicine is, I just remember loving it as a kid. I'm pretty sure it was Amoxicillin! Next time they prescribe tablets can I request I want the kid-style banana medicine!?
Probably :laugh:

:flybye:
USRaphael
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Paracetamol is pretty much the nastiest taste in the world. :yucky:
mayrin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Effervescent tablets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mukhabarat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rybee)
I'm not surprised, that **** has more sugar in it than a can of coke! I only liked the purple one, IIRC they had an orange coloured one? Not a fan!
Haha pretty much. Yeah the purple one I like, the orange one not so much. I think the purple one was blackcurrent flavour. Havent had it for a while.
ProcrastinatePro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Coffee. Hey, you said drugs
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bssjonny)
Bonjela.
Same. It's much nicer than some awful **** I had as a kid. It was a liquid thing you'd rub on to your gum. Ambersol I think it was called. Vile stuff.

Gross! Soluble paracetamol is worse though. And it makes me belch.
Cringe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Blueberry drugs
Zabaar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Strawberry flavoured Calpol... mmmmm
Daniel_R
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sugar coated ibuprofen
moya
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rybee)
Note: all drugs have been prescribed to me and are taken in accordance with the Dr's instructions.

In casual conversation this has popped up a few times and I seem to be the only one to do it... But when taking some medications they're a straight swallow with a large gulp of water. Codeine for example is incredibly bitter and it makes me shiver and pull a stupid face as soon as I put it in my mouth, it's absolutely disgusting.

On the other hand I absolutely LOVE the taste of valium/diazepam and I always put the pill on my tongue and slowly suck on it. It's got a bitter taste too but there's something I just love about it. Everybody who's taken valium before that I've spoken to says that what I do is absolutely disgusting and they can't tolerate the taste at all.

Another one is Naproxen. When put on the tongue and not swallowed fairly quickly it starts to break down quite rapidly and within 15 seconds it really starts to burn and is quite painful but I love the burning sensation. I know it's really weird!?

Are there any other weirdos out there like me :confused:

If so what drugs do you love/despise the taste of?!
I love the taste zopiclone gives you in your mouth the following day. I am probably the only person to like it.

How big are your Naproxen tablets?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (2)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (2)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
16.67%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (4)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads