The Student Room Group

What are people most worried/ least prepared for?

If I just took out the Geography and english, revision would be sooo easy!

reason why Im doing 3 modern langs next year.

English lit is my big worry- its the only one i really cant bluff my way through on how ever much I know- my friend who gets the best results in the school (and har works pretty much solidly for 2 years) is getting Bs and As on her practice paper! and I havent written an essay about MB yet!!!!! And I havent written and learnt all my notes yet!!!!!!
doesnt help that my teachers always talking in such an anxious tone- as if we werent stressed out enough.
O yeah, then theres the poems, which I keep forgetting about.
I am in the same position, i am not confident in english at all. I think all English teachers seem to be the same they stress everyone out and worry them unnecessarily, for example in my ks3 sats my teahcer was saying i was aiming for a high 4, i did it and got a 7. They were just trying to scare me into working hard.
Reply 2
Yeah, I find that English teachers are unnecessarily scaring you too! My English teacher also happens to be my form tutor, so I get double the nagging everyday.

I am most scared about English. I've prepared quite a bit for Lit so I'm not as scared. What else? I really don't want to do my Music paper.
yeah- iv given up on music. I dont care about getting higher than a B. Im doing spanish and RS as extras though so I can afford a B.
Are you doing EDexcel music? there is something wrong with that mark scheme- no one in our class got higher than 100/120 in mocks and their all natural geniuses in music!
Reply 4
realme_5
yeah- iv given up on music. I dont care about getting higher than a B. Im doing spanish and RS as extras though so I can afford a B.
Are you doing EDexcel music? there is something wrong with that mark scheme- no one in our class got higher than 100/120 in mocks and their all natural geniuses in music!

We do OCR.

100/120 is more than good enough! The highest I have ever got in a listening exam is 73/100, and that was a mere coincidence. On average I get around 60-65/100, which is just about an A :frown: I really suck at these listening exams.
Reply 5
English, Music and Chemistry.

English and music you cant really prepared for it.
Chemistry because I know I will freak out.
Reply 6
English Lit and Maths
Reply 7
realme_5

The listening thing for music is a bit of a bugger imo for edexcel. No one gets good marks in it but our class should be alright because we got relatively high marks on the composing and performing. What did you get for yours?
Reply 8
I'm really struggling with Double Science and Art, everything else is fine and dandy. I can cope fine in lessons and understand everything, but after ploughing through some past exam papers I am beginning to realise I don't know half as much as I thought I knew which is a big problem. I'm predicted a B, but I know I'm probably going to get less than that in the exam and my coursework is all only a B too.
As long as I get a C in art i'm happy. But I'm going to have to re-do all my sketch pads to improve them properly to a C standard, and on top of all the revision I don't know how that'll all be possible !
All the other subjects are fine though, thank goodness for that !
Reply 9
yeah i think English - because you dont know whats coming up! Also I really cant be bothered to revise for Textiles - theres so much about fabrics and fibres blah. However, I think English Literature is ok because you've got the materials to prepare with.
Reply 10
French, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

Good Job I.T. is a dead cert for an A* :smile:
Maths :frown:
In ICT i have an A* in the bag (i think) 60% of my coursework is A* and in both mock exams i get A* without revising. However, I am crapping english lit (23rd May) because it is "on the day". I got an A in my mock, but i am not confident about it. Maths is also annoying- sometimes you will get a paper where you can get loads of easy marks- like drawing a pie chart wheras others are harder! :smile: :smile:
Morgan141
The listening thing for music is a bit of a bugger imo for edexcel. No one gets good marks in it but our class should be alright because we got relatively high marks on the composing and performing. What did you get for yours?

the highest was two ppl in my class- 1 mark off 100%. They can get a C without even turning up to the exam!

I didnt realise the boundries are so low for music- in modern language, if you get more than 4 wrong its an A
Reply 14
Maths, geography and science... :frown:
Reply 15
Maths, Science, English Lit, Art coursework, ICT...Yet thats about it.
Reply 16
Literature - I cant bring myself to go through all the poems and stories because I get really bored and tiered
Reply 17
Blair
Literature - I cant bring myself to go through all the poems and stories because I get really bored and tiered

:ditto: same situation here, and the exam is exactly in a weks' time (next tuesday!!!) oh god...
Reply 18
French- because you cant really revise for it, just looking over your vocab notes
Geography- piece of cake, which is quite good considering i have a teacher who doesn't know anything
English Language- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! one time in practise, i get an F, the next, i get a D, and the last time, i got an A! I daren't do another one in case I get another D!
English Lit- Lord of the Flies is OK, but i dont do well in the poems
Maths- apparently (NOT DEFINATE) You can only afford to get 14 out of 140 wrong in module 5 test to get an A* so i'm panicking
Double award science- The teachers left coursework to the last minute, and chose easy experiments that we could only get a C in!

So overall, I need to do some serious work- thats if i every get my GNVQ I.C.T coursework finished!

Latest