Condoms through hand luggage? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Warm Wet Circle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, this one might sound a little daft. I'm going abroad for the first time in summer with my girlfriend and some of her family. I'm only taking hand luggage and I'm popping some condoms in there. However, I'm beginning to get a little worried about how strict airport security is gonna be. Will I have to get the pack of condoms out along with the rest of my liquids and stuff (and most certainly be looked down upon by my girlfriend's family), or will I be able to just leave them in my bag for the journey (saving me a lot of bother)?
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Warm Wet Circle)
Hi guys, this one might sound a little daft. I'm going abroad for the first time in summer with my girlfriend and some of her family. I'm only taking hand luggage and I'm popping some condoms in there. However, I'm beginning to get a little worried about how strict airport security is gonna be. Will I have to get the pack of condoms out along with the rest of my liquids and stuff (and most certainly be looked down upon by my girlfriend's family), or will I be able to just leave them in my bag for the journey (saving me a lot of bother)?
Do what the drug smugglers do, try and conceal the condoms (drugs the for smugglers) in the under lining of the suitcase. You will need a sharp knife for this.

I watch too much of UK Border Force on TV...
cl_steele
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
theyre fine for carry on luggage as theyre not liquids. That being said if you feel somewhat nervous about them feel free to stash them inside something else.
Warm Wet Circle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks guys! Hopefully I won't need to go drug smuggler and stash them in the lining of my case. Big weight of my shoulders there. I think I'd be exiled from my girlfriend's family if I had to declare I had a twelve pack of ribbed condoms haha :colondollar:
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks guys! Hopefully I won't need to go drug smuggler and stash them in the lining of my case. Big weight of my shoulders there. I think I'd be exiled from my girlfriend's family if I had to declare I had a twelve pack of ribbed condoms haha :colondollar:
At least they would know you are using condoms though
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They'd be safe in your pocket, the liquids thing is because the scanners can only deal with a certain amount of liquids, just if you do that it may be awkward if you get searched because of a metal press stud or something
marcusfox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The only thing you will have to worry about is if there is something else that looks dodgy on a bag scan and they insist on unpacking your bag right there and then in front of your gf's family.

Otherwise you'll have nothing to worry about.

No liquids, pastes or gels except in a transparent resealable bag.
Madam, I'm Adam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If your girlfriend is taking proper luggage to put in the hold why not get her to pack them in there where there's no chance of anyone else accidently seeing them.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by natninja)
They'd be safe in your pocket, the liquids thing is because the scanners can only deal with a certain amount of liquids, just if you do that it may be awkward if you get searched because of a metal press stud or something
Given that you have to empty your pockets in front of everyone else in the queue before going through the beepy thing, that's probably not the greatest advice anyone has ever been given.

Also I'm pretty sure that's not the reason for the liquid procedure...
Opinel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Ronove)
Given that you have to empty your pockets in front of everyone else in the queue before going through the beepy thing, that's probably not the greatest advice anyone has ever been given.

Also I'm pretty sure that's not the reason for the liquid procedure...
sorry to bump an old thread but the liquids are there because of a 2006 plot to use liquid explosives on aeroplanes
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (71)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.31%

Watched Threads