The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Nursing stafford university

Hi ive been given a unconditional offer to do mental health nursing starting sept 2013. Just wondered if anyone has been and if so have they had it through ucas yet as i have only recieved a letter from the university want to accept and get on with my finance :smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I've got a place for MHN too! I had a letter first and then about a week later it came through on UCAS. I wouldn't worry, as it won't take long!!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahh i got my letter a fews ago but it did say in the future i would get it on ucas. Cant wait to accept and get my finance sorted :smile: where are you from x
Reply 3
That's good that you got your letter, maybe UCAS are behind??? I'm local, live about 5 miles away, what about you?? Hoping to get in touch will people before I start xx
Reply 4
Ive rung and the lady is ill so sometime soon :smile: i live in stafford! So nice and close to me x
Reply 5
That's good news. PM me if you fancy chatting some more before we start. It seems such a long time away, can't wait!! x
I've got an interview for mental health nursing on the 17/4 :smile: exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
That's great news! Have you had any other interviews or is this your 1st??
Hey I've had interviews for keele n Plymouth.Still waiting to hear back from Plymouth. Got an unconditional for Plymouth. It's all rather exciting :smile: just hate the waiting lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I know, I interviewed for Keele & Stafford within a couple of days of each other and hated the waiting. Worth the wait though when you get offers!! Have you got a preference where you go??
Reply 10
Good luck with your interview, i had a few stafford was my hardest to be honest but i got a unconditional place so cant have been to bad. The people were really nice. Where is your first choice ? X
I've applied for Adult Nursing and got my interview on the 17th April. So nervous, it's my number one choice.
Reply 12
Good luck for your interview, I can't wait to start in Sept!!
hi all, im new to this, i have got an interview for adult nursing on the 25th April and im soooo nervous !! im a mature student and this is something ive wanted to do since i was a little girl, so im praying i get in and my nerves dont ruin my chances x:smile::smile:
Original post by catherine.fafrin
hi all, im new to this, i have got an interview for adult nursing on the 25th April and im soooo nervous !! im a mature student and this is something ive wanted to do since i was a little girl, so im praying i get in and my nerves dont ruin my chances x:smile::smile:

Hi, I'm a mature student aswell and I've got my interview this weekend. I can give you a heads up afterwards if you like? Good luck with yours next week! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by catherine.fafrin

Original post by suzisenior
Hi, I'm a mature student aswell and I've got my interview this weekend. I can give you a heads up afterwards if you like? Good luck with yours next week! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello both, I am also a mature student and I had my interview today :eek:. The staff at Stafford are really nice and welcoming, they help to put you at ease. The interview is very straight forward. I don't know how I did or anything as I don't know what they are wanting from me (if that makes sense). I just answered everything honestly, Staffs is my numbers one choice so I was really nervous but the staff and other people I met today were lovely and the interview very straightforward so you shouldn't be overly nervous about that. I wish you both good luck :smile:
Original post by DizzySweets
Hello both, I am also a mature student and I had my interview today :eek:. The staff at Stafford are really nice and welcoming, they help to put you at ease. The interview is very straight forward. I don't know how I did or anything as I don't know what they are wanting from me (if that makes sense). I just answered everything honestly, Staffs is my numbers one choice so I was really nervous but the staff and other people I met today were lovely and the interview very straightforward so you shouldn't be overly nervous about that. I wish you both good luck :smile:

Hi, glad you felt your interview went well :smile: Thanks for posting, I'm a fan of straightforward interviews! How long did your interview last? Did they ask anything at all on current issues? Cheers x

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you apply to be taught at Stafford the majority of teaching takes place at Blackheath Lane but I think some is at the Beaconside part. From what I learnt on my open day they told me that anyway. If you go for the Stoke Campus I don't have a clue.

Original post by suzisenior
Hi, glad you felt your interview went well :smile: Thanks for posting, I'm a fan of straightforward interviews! How long did your interview last? Did they ask anything at all on current issues? Cheers x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure it went well, I have some good experience so I'm hoping it swings in my favour but as I said I'm not sure what they are looking for exactly. My interview was probably around 25 minutes (max) it felt like an hour or two haha. They didn't no, they had a booklet of questions to ask but they were pretty basic questions ones that you can expand on but nothing going into current issues or anything like that. He I spent weeks researching too :angry::tongue:
They ask during your interview where you want to be based. If you are going for accommodation (like me) they will push you toward Stafford Campus as that is where the Nursing Dormitory is, if not then it is personal preference but they do teach nursing at both Staffs and Stoke campus. Staffs is definitely more popular though from what I've heard.
Hmm weird, doesn't bother me anyway I like Staffs campus :biggrin:. Do you mean you will be living in the dorms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending