Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

Got membership with St Cuthberts (my first choice) and I am a postgraduate. Very excited as the college looks great!

ReputationRep:
    Accommodation forms do come roughly the beginning of June, I checked when I went to hand my certificates in :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Silence)
    Just out of curiosity really - IB results day is waaay earlier than A level. Do you know if they'd 'unconditionalise' my offer (presuming I got the grades) on IB results day or would they wait until august? And following on from that, would they send accommodation forms then or wait?

Haha I'm not in any hurry to be honest but once I've got my results I know I'll be impatient to get on with everything and sort it all out. I think I'd still be plagued by this vague uncertainty that even if I'd met the conditions I somehow wouldn't get in until I got some kind of confirmation from the uni. I know that sounds really stupid but I'm a worrier :P
    I'm not sure about IB, but you should get your offer as soon as you make the grades! I'm not sure when they send the accomodation form, to be honest. I think it's June-July? But when you meet your offer, you'll be sent loads of other forms to fill in as well!

Even if you fill in your accomodation form in June and meet your offer in July-August, you won't find out what accomodation you have until September time. I seem to remember this year we only found out a few weeks before fresher's week started. Still good to get everything in early though!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't manage to make it down to the Open Days but i've firmed my unconditional offer for maths so i'll definitely be down in Durham come October :-)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.